What's new

Codes To Upconvert DVD Players??? (1 Viewer)

bobh33

Grip
Real Name
Bob
I just read an article that stated some standard DVD players actually have the ability to upconvert. It's just a matter of entering a code on the remote control?? I went to "videohelp.com" but all it seemed to talk about is changing the region codes. Is there anything to this?? If so, could you then be upgraded without HDMI connections?
Thanks again for all your help!!!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Yes, many SD DVD players can upconvert via HDMI and/or component outputs. It is not a matter of any "secret codes". You just select the output resolution for the appropriate connection. If your player has this ability, the directions will be in the owner's manual. If not, not.

Of course, if you have an LCD or plasma flat-panel, or a DLP, LCD-RP or LCoS microdisplay your television is going to "upconvert" all inputs to its native resolution anyway. So it is a question of whether your TV or your DVD player has the better deinterlacer and scaler. In my case I can't see any difference between the upconversion from my Sony SD DVD changer and my 720p JVC LCoS set.

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks