What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Cleopatra (1934) Blu-Ray/DVD combo - Masters of Cinema (UK) release on.September 24th, 2012 (1 Viewer)

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
A pre-code film that sneaked onto screens just as the censorious Hays Office began cracking down on Hollywood’s racier propositions, Cleopatra is a libertine paean to decadence and depravity that can still send a viewer’s mind reeling and pulse thumping – all courtesy of the Golden Age’s swampiest psychosexual auteur, Cecil B. DeMille.
Claudette Colbert presides over the most outrageous spectacle this side of The Scarlet Empress as the eponymous pharaoh queen who speeds from Julius Caesar (Warren William) to Marc Antony (Henry Wilcoxon), from Egypt to Rome, from war-room to bedroom… The whiff of incense permeates every scene, with each connected to the next in a veritable matrix of whips, blindfolds, and bindings – the crazed arrangement laying bare all the fetish inklings of the moving-picture dream.
Lavishly produced with some of the most inspired waxing-moon photography and unwholesome set-design to come out of the studio system, DeMille’s film is an erotic tour-de-force that obliges us to re-examine the appeal of this most popular of Hollywood directors. The Masters of Cinema Series is proud to present Cleopatra for the very first time on Blu-ray, in a Dual Format (Blu-ray + DVD) edition.
Special Features
DUAL FORMAT (BLU-RAY + DVD) EDITION
• Gorgeous HD transfer of the film officially licensed from Universal and presented in its original aspect ratio, in 1080p on the Blu-ray
• Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Original theatrical trailer
• Lavish booklet featuring the words of Cecil B. DeMille, rare archival imagery, and more
• More features to be announced closer to release date!
http://eurekavideo.co.uk/moc/catalogue/cleopatra/
Official MOC Trailer via Eureka's Youtube Channel -
Standard Release - 12.00 GBP (Approximately $18.65 USD) Amazon UK LINK
Limited Steelbook Edition - 17.99 GBP (Approximately $27.96 USD) Amazon UK LINK
No mention of whether it's region-locked or not.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I'm really happy that this is coming. I think I read that these Masters of Cinema titles are B locked. I don't have a zone free player, but I'd like to get one one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks