What's new

Cleaning the laser lens safely (1 Viewer)

Jim Williams

Second Unit
Is there a good way to clean the laser lens without opening the case? I have an African Grey parrot and she produces a lot of fine dust from her feathers so I know that I will have to clean the lens eventually.

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
There are lens cleaning kits for CD and DVD players. They are a disk with little brushes on them and some cleaning solution. I think Discwasher makes one. As to how well they work, I can't answer, I've never used one.

MuneebM

Supporting Actor
Those lens cleaning discs don't work very well, from my experience. The best cleaning method, in my opinion, is to open the player and clean the laser's lens with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol and a q-tip.

Ralph B

Supporting Actor
I used a dvd/cd type laser lens cleaner with the little brush on it. player would not work then I put that baby in and suddenly I have never had a problem since that disc cleaned my lens. so I would not say they dont work. for dust im sure it does as I found in my case but if you smoke 2 packs of butts a day in your house then I would say no this disc wont work for you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks