What's new

Classiest movie actors/actresses of all time... (1 Viewer)

nousername

Supporting Actor
Not necessarily the most attractive or most talented, just the classiest on and off the big screen...

My vote would be:

Jimmy Stewart and Harrison Ford (tie)

Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn (tie)

What's your vote?

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
There are so many, but two that come quickly to mind are:

Jimmy Stewart and Katherine Hepburn.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
There are so many:

Cary Grant, Sean Connery, William Powell, Paul Newman, Humphrey Bogart

Grace Kelly, Ingrid Bergman, Lauren Bacall, Gene Tierney, Audrey Hepburn, Katherine Hepburn

Sorry, I know you didn't want a long list. Very hard for me to narrow down.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i've heard Sean Connery is a total sexist, but that's just what i heard :P it's hard to say who's classy, easy to say who's not. but i'd have to go with Paul Newman too. he's done alot for charities.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
From everything Ive seen and read John Travolta seems to be one of nicer people in Hollywood.Doesnt seem to have a ego and appears to be very down to earth as opposed to some of these guys (like Ed Norton who people are constantly complaing bout).

My aunt met Christopher Reeve in a bookstore in Manhattan back around 84(I think) and said he was a sweetheart.They walked and talked and looked for books together for about a 1/2 hour.

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Audrey Hepburn
I would have mentioned Lauren Bacall but she dropped a couple of notches after doing commercials for Arbys. Kinda sad really. :frowning:

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
When I think of class, the following actors immediately spring to mind:
Jim Varney
Carrot Top
Courtney Love
Eric Roberts
...ok, I'm kidding.
There were tons of classy actors back in Hollywood's Golden Age, but I'm wondering which modern actors are worthy of such a compliment.
I'd consider John Cusack a classy actor. He's no Jimmy Stewart, but this ain't 1940. :) George Clooney seems to be a class act, but I'm hardly the best judge of manly wiles.
Nicole Kidman is very classy, but Hollywood buzz dictates that she's a rather cold fish. I'd like to believe otherwise, but who really knows? Cate Blanchett has class, unless I'm just mistaking "class" for "statuesque hotness". Jennifer Connelly is classy, but she's kinda distant and unsmiley.
My friend Dave has class, but that's only because he's a teacher. :D (That may be the worst joke I've ever typed.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks