What's new

Official HTF Western Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I don’t know how I missed this film on my first go around with classic westerns. Not sure it was even mentioned in this thread earlier. But yeah I loved it. And Ella Raines...wow! Stunningly beautiful. Is this film available on Blu ray?
Unfortunately, no.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Definitely one of The Duke’s best. Gonna rewatch it soon with the wife. I’m sure she’ll love it too.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Up next.
D8147AB2-A753-4396-A2B1-B2BA9B735FCE.jpeg

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just bought the Blu ray. Previously purchased on iTunes but in the wrong AR so I never watched it.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I don’t see the Alamo mentioned at all- I would have thought it would show up in one or two lists.
maybe it’s not really considered a western?
By the way The Alamo was mentioned on the first page of this thread. Post #17. Wish there was a Blu ray of it. I think HD net shows it once in a while.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've re-read this thread completely and there's no mention of two Westerns I like a lot: The Unforgiven, directed by John Huston with Audrey Hepburn, Burt Lancaster and Audie Murphy and Hour Of The Gun directed by John Sturges with James Garner and Jason Robards.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I've re-read this thread completely and there's no mention of two Westerns I like a lot: The Unforgiven, directed by John Huston with Audrey Hepburn, Burt Lancaster and Audie Murphy and Hour Of The Gun directed by John Sturges with James Garner and Jason Robards.
Thanks for mentioning them. I’ll add them to my to watch list.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Just finished The Sons Katie Elder.

I thought it was an enjoyable yet generic John Wayne western. Middle of the road I would say.

Good supporting performances from Dean Martin. Dennis Hopper and George Kennedy as the evil gun for hire working for James Gregory’s standard land stealing, shoot ‘em in the back bad guy.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Just finished The Sons Katie Elder.

I thought it was an enjoyable yet generic John Wayne western. Middle of the road I would say.

Good supporting performances from Dean Martin. Dennis Hopper and George Kennedy as the evil gun for hire working for James Gregory’s standard land stealing, shoot ‘em in the back bad guy.
For some of us that actually watched this movie in a movie theater, I didn’t think it was a generic western, especially if you were a 10 year kid in 1965.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’ve never seen it. I seem to keep discovering new John Wayne films that I am watching for the first time.

I’m halfway thru it and am loving it!
Another childhood favorite western in which I developed a huge crush on Gail Russell. A similar experience with Tall in the Saddle and Ella Raines.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks