What's new

Classic TV on DVD- The Lists: British TV (1 Viewer)

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
From Acorn Media:

81uBMfG4JqL._SY500_.jpg
91b8jZUmqgL._SY500_.jpg

Series ran 67-68 in the UK. 68 in the US.

I own both sets. They generally look pretty good. It's not something that I'd have to have on Blu-ray, but it was a good series. It's very much in the mold of DANGER MAN, using a lot of the behind the scenes people, music, locations, etc.

Kiev7385

Grip
Real Name
Stephen
Looking for a Release or source for a Movie Called "THE TRAITOR" Starring John Le Musurier ... Might be considered a TV Movie or Program...If anyone has a Source Email Me: [email protected] Thank You Steve ONeil

stuartfanning

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stuart Fanning
Looking for a Release or source for a Movie Called "THE TRAITOR" Starring John Le Musurier ... Might be considered a TV Movie or Program...If anyone has a Source Email Me: [email protected] Thank You Steve ONeil
This is from BBC TV's Play for today series. Two volumes of episodes on DVD/Blu-ray have been released in the UK, with a third being prepared. Unfortunately The Traitor isn't among the episodes released so far.

An unofficial release is being offered on the web.

Vislor Turlough.

Auditioning
Real Name
Robert Bates
I watched The Bill Series 1 recently.Was that shown in America?.First few runs were 50 minute episodes then they changed it to twice weekly 25 minute editions.Anyway it ran about 20 years so it was a big British tv institution.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I watched The Bill Series 1 recently.Was that shown in America?.First few runs were 50 minute episodes then they changed it to twice weekly 25 minute editions.Anyway it ran about 20 years so it was a big British tv institution.
Hi Robert! To the best of my knowledge, The Bill hasn't been shown in the U.S.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The series I want to see on Blu Ray are:
Rumpole of the Bailey
Lovejoy
Monarch of the Glen
Blake's 7
Cadfael

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
The series I want to see on Blu Ray are:
Rumpole of the Bailey
Lovejoy
Monarch of the Glen
Blake's 7
Cadfael
Nice choices there, Todd, though I think the chances of a Blu-Ray release for any of those is very unlikely, sadly (with the possible exception of Blake's 7, as that is a cult/sci-fi series and those tend to be much better sellers). Lovejoy, Cadfael and I believe Monarch were all shot on film, so that helps...but the market for these titles on Blu would be pretty small, IMO. Luckily, all five have received nice DVD releases in Region 2, and some in Region 1.

It's possible that some money might eventually be allocated from streamers like Acorn TV or Britbox to allow for an HD upgrade, but personally, I wouldn't count on it, unfortunately.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Nice choices there, Todd, though I think the chances of a Blu-Ray release for any of those is very unlikely, sadly (with the possible exception of Blake's 7, as that is a cult/sci-fi series and those tend to be much better sellers). Lovejoy, Cadfael and I believe Monarch were all shot on film, so that helps...but the market for these titles on Blu would be pretty small, IMO. Luckily, all five have received nice DVD releases in Region 2, and some in Region 1.

It's possible that some money might eventually be allocated from streamers like Acorn TV or Britbox to allow for an HD upgrade, but personally, I wouldn't count on it, unfortunately.
Thanks Jeff, I know it's a shot in the dark, and I do have these on DVD sets. B7 was not released in region 1 (and still hasn't, thanks BBC) and this was my first reason to go multi region Bluray. I just got tired of waiting and hoping for a US compatable set so I took the plunge and never looked back!!
With BD sets of Space:1999 and UFO, you just never know?
It's sad that manyof the original Dr Who episodes were erased by the BBC to save money, being pre-physical media market, lost to history. It's always 20-29 hindsight and shows like Dr Who and another seris where only 17 epispdes of 26 still exsist of Adam Adamant Lives!. a fun Who-est meets Bond series, found only in the UK and now days near impossible to find this box set, and when you do you the price is a bit high. I noticed it is selling on Amazon..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks