What's new

Citizen Kane 2 disc set to be re issued on 24 sept (1 Viewer)

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Why?

Warner Home Video is simply re-doing the artwork for Citizen Kane & Dr. Zhivago to now say:

"Two-Disc Special Edition"

In fact, on September 24th, 2002, four new "Two-Disc Special Edition" titles street from Warner Home Video...

True Romance
Singing In The Rain
Unforgiven
Amadeus

Since WHV indicated that these new releases would be equal to the two-disc sets for Citizen Kane & Dr. Zhivago, it would make sense to make new slightly new artwork for these older releases that match the new releases.

Same content, slightly different cover art.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the info Rutger. Was it not that on the same day One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest 2 disc edition was also released ?

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - Two-Disc Special Edition also streets on 9/24/2002...just forgot to list it.

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
Methinks this will be part of a WB promotion at the big B&Ms, meaning a temporary sale price. I can finally justify having held off on buying Kane!

Of course, however much money I save on CK will go straight to True Romance, Amadeus, Cuckoo's Nest, Heavenly Creatures, Swingers, Spellbound, The Grifters, Trading Places, and A Hard Day's Night.

I need to go sit down and have a good cry about now.

On the bright side, that night will be the US premiere of Buffy. Which is nice.

Back on my meds,

CS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks