1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Citizen Kane 2 disc set to be re issued on 24 sept

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Aug 20, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Why?

Warner Home Video is simply re-doing the artwork for Citizen Kane & Dr. Zhivago to now say:

"Two-Disc Special Edition"

In fact, on September 24th, 2002, four new "Two-Disc Special Edition" titles street from Warner Home Video...

True Romance
    Singing In The Rain
    Unforgiven
    Amadeus

Since WHV indicated that these new releases would be equal to the two-disc sets for Citizen Kane & Dr. Zhivago, it would make sense to make new slightly new artwork for these older releases that match the new releases.

Same content, slightly different cover art.

3. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Thanks for the info Rutger. Was it not that on the same day One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest 2 disc edition was also released ?

4. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - Two-Disc Special Edition also streets on 9/24/2002...just forgot to list it.

5. Craig Sherman

Craig Sherman Stunt Coordinator

Methinks this will be part of a WB promotion at the big B&Ms, meaning a temporary sale price. I can finally justify having held off on buying Kane!

Of course, however much money I save on CK will go straight to True Romance, Amadeus, Cuckoo's Nest, Heavenly Creatures, Swingers, Spellbound, The Grifters, Trading Places, and A Hard Day's Night.

I need to go sit down and have a good cry about now.

On the bright side, that night will be the US premiere of Buffy. Which is nice.

Back on my meds,

CS