What's new

Circle Surround ll on Kenwood 6050 (1 Viewer)

SteveKNJ

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased a Kenwood 6050 receiver and I noticed it had something called Circle Surround II from SRS. The sound using is sounds a little bit richer than using PLII. Can anybody tell me what CS II is?

EarlIngalls

Auditioning
I have the Kenwood VR-6070 and use CSII for my normal TV watching and radio music listening. I had people over for Super Bowl and they commented that they didn't know the SB was broadcast in surround sound. I told them that I was just decoding the stereo broadcast with the receiver. Crowd noise and other ambient sounds were coming from the surrounds and surround back while Al and John voice's were coming from the center / front soundstage. I like it much better than Pro Logic.

SteveKNJ

Stunt Coordinator
To me it seems to give a more full sound. PLII at least on this receiver sounds washed out compare to it.

Chris A H

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Marantz SR-7200 which has a previous version of Circle Surround (labeled CS 5.1).

I find that the CS processing sends more information to the surrounds than PLII, and I like it for older 2-channel sources (TV shows and older movies on DVD) and Sports TV listening (like the SB). I find PLII sounds better with later TV movies and newer 2-channel material.

Best thing is having a receiver that has both so I can choose between them!!:D

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks