What's new

Cinema to DVD Windows getting shorter? Catch me if you can out only 19 weeks after... (1 Viewer)

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
The whole concept of frontloading movies at the theatre is short-circuiting the process, making for shorter theatrical runs and therefore quicker video releases, in general.

Hey, remember when we had to wait seven years for E.T. to come out on video? :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't 'The Blair Witch' one of the fastest turnarounds?

How about Traffic, Amazon had the DVD available for pre-order BEFORE the movie hit the theaters. :D

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
How appropriate as presentation quality in theatres decreases, screen sizes get smaller, and prices get higher!

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Hollywood is shooting itself in the foot in more ways than I could list here.

Presentation quality and screen sizes are getting poorer and smaller and the ticket prices keep inching ever higher... no wonder people keep saying "I'll wait for the DVD."

Also, overall movie quality is really on the decline (with fewer and fewer memorable gems in the pipeline). They whip these things out faster than they (the suits) can write them! Ever see the commercial where a company's execs are in their board room coming up with all kinds of marketing do-dads and gimmics for a product and then someone says they can crank out a movie about it in two weeks? It's getting more true all the time.

Sad, really sad.

Dan

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
no wonder people keep saying "I'll wait for the DVD."
Or after you've just seen the movie in the theater and thought "I wonder when this will be on DVD" or how many times have you seen a preview and thought "Oooo! I can't wait for that to come to DVD!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks