What's new

Cincinnati area bargains (1 Viewer)

Scott Varney

Agent
Just a little word on Cincinnati area bargains. Trader's World off I-75 near Lebanon has several dealers with most DVD's priced at $15... one had most titles priced at 2 for $25 (with a few big titles excluded). Picked up Saturday Night Fever for a flat $15, no tax.
And, hopefully this won't get me in trouble on the forum, but these guys don't understand the concept of street dates:)

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I've found that DVD prices at Trader's World have been going up over the last couple of years, although I only go about once every six months.
If you don't mind buying used stuff, I've found several good deals at the area CD Game Exchange locations. Half Price Books, on the other hand, is hit or miss (usually miss), but I did see the Criterion Silence Of The Lambs for under $18 at the Kenwood location. I always clean up in their clearance CD section, though.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Hey fellow citizens of the Great Porkopolis/Dayton area! Anybody know of a decent video store in the Cincy area? I've been trying to find one for years now, but only see miles and miles of corporate clones. I'm gettin' desperate here!

On topic, I always wondered if Trader's World was worth going to. Does it cost to get in to shop?

Gregory E

Second Unit
Brian,
I haven't been able to find one. I guess being in Southgate, you either go to Movie Gallery or Blockbuster, huh?
I hate going into that Newport Blockbuster. Yuck! :thumbsdown:
As for Trader's World, I thought you have to pay like $2 to get in or to park or something. Don't know for sure. That's how it is down at the Richwood Flea Market. You pay to park. But I saw vendors there that had the Lord of the Rings 2-disc DVD for $10 the weekend after it came out. So there are good bargains to be found at places like that.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Brian, admission to Trader's World is something like 75 cents per person (not per car). Turtle Creek is off the same exit, on the other side of the interstate. I think their admission charge is 50 cents, but I've only been there once, and don't recall many DVD deals.
I can't think of any independent movie retailers off the top of my head. Even independent music retailers are becoming scarce; I still go to Shake-It (in Northside) and Circle (in Western Hills) from time to time, but I've been going online for most new stuff lately.
As far as hardware goes, my most recent purchase was the Sony CE775 SACD player for $160 at Circuit City. It was priced at $161 for weeks, but then raised to $170. I got them to price-match their price from the week before. Best Buy, on the other hand, raised it from $170 to $200 this week. This player has been discontinued, so the stores are probably limited to stock on hand. Supposedly, Eastgate was the only Circuit City location that still had stock, but I know the Western Hills store still had one left as of Sunday morning. ;)
I have yet to find a decent local source for SACD discs.

Martin_Frohlich

Stunt Coordinator
No great sources, I get most of my stuff online. Actually, I just posted to say hi because I am Cincinnati myself (Kenwood).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks