What's new

Christmas Want List Difficulties (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I went to do my Christmas list and had some weird difficulties with some of my wants. Maybe somebody could help explain these.

1) It Takes A Thief Season 1 was some outrageous price on Amazon. I was like 150+. What gives? I got season 2 several years ago for like 40 bucks and that was a full season unlike Season 1 which is only a half season

2) Man From Uncle Seasons 3 and 4 were nowhere to be found. Only Seasons 1 and 2 and the complete series box set.

3) The Shout Factory website lists Only Seasons 2, 3, and 4 (Plus a complete series set) on Bilko. Where is Season 1?

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
While "Michael's Movie Mayhem" shows it to still be in print, "It Takes a Thief" is apparently at a very limited set of retailers. Using the UPC from MMM I found it at Frys as a special order. The complete series *is* OOP (I'm glad I snagged one release week!).

Apparently S3 & S4 of The Man from U.N.C.L.E. have not been released yet. S2 came out on 2/2/16. Looks like you'll either have to wait or just get the Complete Series set. Currently ~$50 at Amazon - a bargain even if you have the first two seasons. If you *do* find S3 & S4 on Amazon they'll be some broken out of the TL or WB sets and being sold individually. AFAIK Time Life never released anything but the Complete Set and S1.

You can still get S1 of Bilko reasonably priced at Amazon.

Last edited:

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Wow... when I ordered my Man from U.N.C.L.E. sets a few years ago, I got them straight from Time-Life's website --except I didn't want the goofy/lame Season 3, so I opted for individual season sets of 1, 2 & 4, rather than the "complete series" package (which Time-Life allowed one to do). So, I just checked at Time-Life's website a minute ago, and they don't offer the series at all anymore, and Warner's WBShop site (since it's a Warner-owned series) only has the (repackaged) complete series set. Bummer. I'm glad I acted when I did... and all I can say is perhaps check ebay for possible solo season sets, or go for the complete series and try to sell off your Seasons 1 & 2 (or gift them to a friend or relative... or donate them to a local library). Good luck!

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Shout's website wouldn't have season 1 of Bilko, since CBS/P released that themselves. In fact, the discs in the complete series were just the CBS discs, IIRC.

So go to Amazon or your online retailer of choice for S1, and S2-4 will be available direct from Shout.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks