What's new

Chris Carter's Millenium (1 Viewer)

Michael Taylor

Stunt Coordinator
The pilot episode, for me, is one of the freakiest shows ever aired on television. I quickly grew bored by each serial killer leaving written clues on hair or grains of rice (ok I made that up but you know what I mean). I lost interest in the series, but would occasionally check it out. There were some very inventive episodes. Unfortunately, I missed the finale for second season. Based upon the praise you are all heaping upon it, I will definitely have to check it out. I would think that Millenium will be released on DVD because I've seen episodes available on laserdisk.

GregBarron

Agent
I too would speedily pick up season 1 boxed set, especially if I heard it was packed full of extras. I truly enjoyed watching it on TV and I never missed an episode.

Count me in too.....

If you're reading Peter S. please help release this a.s.a.p.

Thanks,

Greg

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
The third season was a disaster in the first place because the second season finale was designed more like a series finale; plus it seemed by the closing of the episode that the world was at an end.

The third season didn't have the graceful acting talents of Meghan Gallagher, and making Peter Watts an outright enemy was a bad idea. The interplay between him and Frank is what made the show interesting; I can almost guarantee the best moments of season three have Frank and Peter conversing or arguing over some dilemma.

Of course, by the end of the final season even Watts recognized how dangerous and diluted the Group had become, and that's when the quality of the show seemed to get higher and higher.

Carter wrote the Millennium group as a conglomeration of veteran police officers working towards the greater good, while Morgan and Wong portrayed them more as a group more rooted in religion and beliefs then science and psychology.

Then in season three they were portrayed as a bunch of kooks bent on world domination.

Although many critics panned the show for its three years, it should be noted that Entertainment Weekly was a relatively strong supporter , and even featured it in one of their fall previews as a show to not be missed (this was after the show's second season).

It's a shame Terry O'Quinn was never nominated for any awards for his supporting work on the show - he perfectly painted the picture of a man who was trying to find deeper meaning in a world that seemed to be descending into madness day after day.

Damn, all this reminiscing has really has me wishing FOX would release a season on DVD already!

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
It's a shame Terry O'Quinn was never nominated for any awards for his supporting work on the show
He brought a lot of integrity to the show.

I would love to see a full 3 season set of this series. I can't see the studio taking the time to release individual seasons, but perhaps cranking out a limited run of full series sets would be nice. It might just fill that 'niche' market I'm sure the studio perceives Millenium as having.

Joseph

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Matt, those must be the really bad bootlegs that I have read about. They supposedly were sourced from VHS tapes and burnt-in subtitles. Thankfully no one has made a bid on either of his auctions. Hopefully we will get some real DVDs in the near future.
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks