What's new

"Changing behavior through technology" (1 Viewer)

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I think this is a decent idea just to discourage people who shouldn't be buying new cars from buying them. If you've got that much credit trouble, then I'm all for helping you to get out of it, but buy a cheap used car while you're working things out and rebuilding credit. It's easy to find a Camry or Accord with about 100,000 miles on it that's several years old for well under $10,000. They should look to that type of car, that could potentially last 4 or 5 years to use until getting out of debt.

I do think it kind of sucks that the finance companies are using this as a way to milk more out of people (I doubt they drop the interest rates at all). But part of the blame has to go with the individual who refuses to stop living beyond his or her means even after getting into credit trouble.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor

Thank you for calling the number for your car thingamjig that has shut down your engine. You have reached the emergency department. Being as it is the first of the months, we are experiencing higher than expected call volume. Please be assured that your call is very important to us, and will be answered in the order in which it was received by the first call center representative who is working out of India. Please also be advised that severe weather conditions are causing some communications issues with our telecom carrier. Your call may be recorded for quality or training purposes. Please stand by, you are number. One.....hundred...thousand........................ .........fifty.....two, in line, your call will be answered in approximately.........forty......six....hours. If you would like to continue to hold, please press 1.
-----------------------

Wow, I spit that out in like a minute...I have worked the phone for too long...but I don't like the idea for the emergency purpose. What if you simply cant get through and your family members life depends on it somehow?

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
How about you pay your bill on time and don't have to worry about the whole "what if" thing? If you knew that you had to pay your rent by the 15th of the month, or a rifle would shoot you in the face, would you wait to arrange a payment around the 14th, or would you plan ahead? That's all this device tries to do. I'm all for it, and that's coming from a guy who used to have a credit rating of 312.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Well then you've hit the jackpot my friend and congratulations are in order. Sue every single entity that is even remotely associated with this (well, the ones that have money) and start livin' large. Woo Hoo! :D

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.

Well, there would be a lot of faceless people walking around in debt ;) They do actually have this system, it's called loansharking. Maybe the car complanies could just start financing risky loans through them? Sure, it's low-tech, but very effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks