What's new

Challenge Conventional Thinking (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis

Hey Jeff, knock off the obscene references, OK?

Brian Cohen: "You are all individuals!"

Crowd (in unison): "We are all individuals!"

Oddball: "I'm not."

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
It's like the South Park epsiode with the Goth kids...

If you wanna be one of the non-conformists, all you have to do is dress just like us and listen to the same music we do. :D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
SWAT came into my house, disrespect my family. Someone rat me out. Toretto... IT WAS YOU!

Jim_F

Screenwriter

I don't know so much about the '60s, but in the early '70s, said jeans were required to be Levi's, "Big Bells" preferred. Any deviation from this norm was only grudgingly tolerated.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
that is pretty funny.

your roommate didn't understand them, jeff. they were unique, just like everyone else.

CJ

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Back in my "disaffected youth" days, tromping around Northeastern U., I used to wear a t-shirt that had a big picture of Vladimir Lenin on the front, over that it said "Surf Russia". I used to get scruffy, non-bathing commies come up to me all the time, wanting to talk about "revolution". I'd tell them "Back off dude, I voted for Reagan. I just wear this shirt to annoy people like you." Strange that back then, living in the "Peoples Republic of Mass", the only way to rebel was to denounce commies and embrace conservative values.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
You think that's bad....

Back in 1972 I ran the UC Santa Cruz students for Dick Nixon. Talk about a non-accepted point of view. I'm amazed that I lasted until graduation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks