What's new

Center Gun ..has Two strips of tape on it?? (1 Viewer)

JeffKC

Grip
Whle I had the 57S715 apart I noticed the center gun had two vertical strips of what looked like black tape on it..they were slightly inboard..the outter guns had no tape....any ideas as to what purpose this serves?

Hey it looks like glueing the black cloth in would darken the interior alot...the guns sit in a tim box...guess I'll try that next.

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Turn the set on and, wearing sunglasses, look inside. Perhaps the tape was keeping spurious flashes of light just outside the picture borders from reaching the lens and projection system although you may still see the flashes while looking in at an angle. Seems like a cover-up of poor circuit design where they couldn't get the flashes of light not to appear in the first place.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
It may be lens striping? Did the set come like this, usually this is an advanced trick by calibrators for better color uniformity across the screen...

strange.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks