Celebrity Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Anyone else catch Celebrity Boot Camp on Fox last night?

It was fun to watch the drill instructors yell and scream at the celebs, all vying for a payday of $50 large.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The prize was only $50?

I watched a bit to see how David Faustino would do, and I was totally pissed that Coolio, who I wanted to watch suffer won

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

i saw bits and pieces while i was at a bar...i could only recognize two of the celebrities, coolio and vitamin c. c'mon, where are the real celebrities? [​IMG]

4. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Greg Brady must really be strapped for cash--first celeb boxing, now this?

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I think he won Fear Factor too

6. Mitty

Mitty Supporting Actor

Fox should really put quotes around their "celebrity" events, boxing, boot camp, whatever. David Faustino? Kato Kaelin?

How often do you see a celebrity event where the proceeds aren't being donated to charity? That's just sad.

7. MickeS

MickeS Producer

They seem to always use the same "celebrities" on these shows too. Were Gary Coleman and Danny Bonaduce on there too? [​IMG]
    Coolio seems to like these things, he was on "America's Funniest Home Videos" and "Beat the geeks" too recently.

8. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

Who the heck is Tracy Bingham?

9. MickeS

MickeS Producer

She was on Baywatch for a while.

10. Wayne W

Wayne W Stunt Coordinator

I flipped back and forth to this show last night and I really wish I had that time back to do something else. I did notice one thing. All of the woman on the show have appeared nude/topless in magazines and/or movies at one time or another. Maybe if they did a topless version of the show it would be worth watching.

11. BradG

BradG Stunt Coordinator

Actually Barry Williams has been on "The Weakest Link", "Celebrity Boxing", "Fear Factor" and now, "Celebrity Boot Camp" and has not won any of them.

I felt sorry for him after the pummelling he took from Danny Bonaduce on "Celebrity Boxing" and would just like for him to win one of these things so he can stop doing them.

Coolio also won "Fear Factor" - and in this case (Boot Camp), I was glad he won instead of Traci Bingham - she seemed like quite the loser (she completely broke down in the interrogation mission, completely)

12. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Why can't they call them has-beens and be done with it?

I think with all the bizarre anything-for-a-buck programming on there that FOX actually stands for "Freaks-Oddities-Xenophiles".

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Xenophile-One attracted to foreign things (as manners, styles or people)...definition taken from Webster's Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary.

13. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I think calling these people Celebrities is just a way to draw them on to the show, but when you start watching the show, you see them as has-beens, so it's actually funny.

Celebrity Boxing 3 comes next month, I think, and Barry Williams is a producer or something (he's involved with it, I know that).

14. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Aww come on. David Faustino was the only reason I tuned into the show, having been a huge MWC fan during it's run. I was actually surprised at how seriously he took it.
    I too, was rooting for Bingham instead of Coolio, especially since he seemed so self confident as to the point of arrogance. That, and the 'cheating' of grabbing in a short nap. Should have pounded those trashcans near his head and startled the crap out of him [​IMG]...

15. phil-w

phil-w Stunt Coordinator

Did you notice how he immediately put his hands up when he was startled awake by the drill sargents?

16. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

Bud Bundy??? Not a celebrity? [​IMG]
    I thought it was funny at the beginning when the drill instructor asked Bud if he goes around telling people that he was Bud Bundy. LOL he quietly said "no".
    All in all, I was rooting for him. Coolio was someone I could see myself butting heads with...even though he was right on a few occasions.