What's new

cc & surround recomendations?? (1 Viewer)

Davy

Auditioning
I've been following this forum for several weeks now and just decided to ask for advice - lots of knowledgable folks out there, but I still am not sure what to do.

I'm slowly replacing my old stereo system and want to end up with the best music/ht system for the money. Right now I have an Onkyo 696, Cambridge Soundworks Tower Ones which I notice most of you do not favor but I did get them for what seems a decent price and they sound good to me

(so - maybe I don't know any better)

On order is a SVS 20-39 pci, purchased soley on the recomendations read here. Thank you.

What should I get for center and surrounds? Stick with csw? newtons? or something else/better?? Not sure I follow the significance of surround direct vs. dipole vs. bipole.

My room is 16' deep X 30' wide with openings into a kitchen and hallways on the end.

I prefer wall mount surrounds and could either put them on the back wall on either side of seating area or on the side walls but there they would be about 10' away from seating area. Thanks for any advise offered.

Davy

Auditioning
Sorry, I meant for this to be over in the speaker forum. It's moved now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks