What's new

Looking for a sub upgrade or surrounds (1 Viewer)

MichaelPR

Second Unit
Hey new to the forum here and this is my first post. After lurking for awhile I've managed to put together what i feel is a nice little system for myself. I am looking to upgrade to a sub in the $300 range. My current system is the following:

TV: Sony Wega 27"
DVD Player: Toshiba SD-3900
Receiver: Yamaha RXV440
Fronts: Paradigm Titans
Center: Paradigm CC-170
Surrounds: Bose Direct Reflecting 201 IV
Sub: Sony SA-WM 20

Basically I'm looking to upgrade either the sub or the surrounds. I'm not to happy with the Bose. They don't sound right with my paradigms up front. I also feel I could be getting a lot more bass than the farting noise my sub makes. I have $300 to spend what would match my system well? Also any other recomendations you can make would be excellent. The room itself is not that big and it is in a basement. Thanks in advance!:)

John Robert

Stunt Coordinator
I would upgrade the sub. I have the same unit and it does not have much output or go very low. I gave it to my son to use with his PS2.

You can get a JBL 120PII for about $350 online. Do a search on it and you will see that it has been well reviewed. It will make a HUGE difference in your system...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks