What's new

Cats (2019) (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It can't be worse than that Cat in the Hat movie, also inflicted upon us by Universal during a previous ownership regime. That was just vile beyond belief.
As bad as it was, at least it made over $100 million domestic. Though given its budget was also around $100 million, it was definitely a financial disappointment.

But Cats seems to be an outright flop. I think it'll be lucky to get to $25-30 million domestic (also vs. a budget of about $100 million).

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
Since my wife decided to break her arm just before the holidays, our plans to see “Star Wars”, “ ”Jumanji” and “Cats” are on hold until she can go out. I worry that “Cats” will be gone

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Since my wife decided to break her arm just before the holidays, our plans to see “Star Wars”, “ ”Jumanji” and “Cats” are on hold until she can go out. I worry that “Cats” will be gone

How big is your local multiplex?

My nearest AMC is 22 screens, so it keeps movies forever. They still had "Addams Family" until last Friday!

So I bet they'll have "Cats" through end of January, at least!

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
We have two complexes, each having around 10 theatres. There is one 10 minutes away with an IMAX.

Then you might have to rush to get to "Cats".

My 22-screen AMC can keep low-performing movies for a long time because they have so many rooms. 22 screens can mean like 30 movies, since they might run some of them only once a day.

And a 10-room multiplex also can run more than 10 movies, but that's still a lot more competition, so I imagine your area loses movies much more quickly than mine does...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I’ve heard edibles are unpredictable - not sure if that’s better or worse for Cats!
I don't speak from experience but I've heard Seth Rogen say that he doesn't really like edibles compared to smoking because you can stop smoking but if you go the edible route, you can't stop it. He also said that Snoop Dogg told him the same thing.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I saw this the other night and, I rather enjoyed it. It’s no worse than the broadway show. Well maybe a little but the show has never been high on my list. I’ve always enjoyed a number of the songs though and the music was done very well in the movie. Honestly, the “costumes” effects didn’t bother me or weird me out that much. I just viewed it as skin tight, furry, leotards.

The biggest fault of the movie, IMO, is not showing more of the dancing. Just too many closeups. Maybe that works for something like Les Mis but, you go to Cats for the dancing and you just never get many good looks at it in this movie.

Overall, it’s about what I expected from a Cats movie. The “plot” they tried to ad was silly but, so is the shows itself. I didn’t love it but I didn’t hate it either.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Going off-topic: I've never had pot in any form. I'm temped to try edibles when I'm out there - not sure if I will.

Definitely won't try them and watch "Cats" at the same time! :D

Seriously, be careful with edibles. I’d recommend avoiding them entirely and smoke it instead. Would you rather do a whole bunch of shots at one time and then just see how it affects you later, gambling that you didn’t do too many or controlling your buzz by drinking one drink at a time?

Have a good time, not a bad time.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Seriously, be careful with edibles. I’d recommend avoiding them entirely and smoke it instead. Would you rather do a whole bunch of shots at one time and then just see how it affects you later, gambling that you didn’t do too many or controlling your buzz by drinking one drink at a time?

Have a good time, not a bad time.

I'll likely not do anything. From what friends told me, I don't think I'll have a dispensary nearby and I'm not gonna go out of way to find this stuff.

But thanks for the advice! I don't really understand the difference in impact from edibles vs. smoking.,,

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I have never experienced Pot in any form, and I lived through the 1960’s! It is legal here in Canada but if I were to try it now, it would have to be edibles. The thought of smoking anything is totally repulsive to me. From childhood, I have been unable to eat when there are smokers near. This was particularly difficult when living in a house with a father who smoked like a chimney and who left ash trays everywhere. I am still unable to eat if I am beside a window in a restaurant and see smokers on the side walk.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll likely not do anything. From what friends told me, I don't think I'll have a dispensary nearby and I'm not gonna go out of way to find this stuff.

But thanks for the advice! I don't really understand the difference in impact from edibles vs. smoking.,,

The difference between cannabis edibles and smoking is that when you smoke the shit it goes into the lungs where the THC transfer to the bloodstream is almost immediate. The "buzz" you get is almost immediate to the act. Eating the stuff requires the THC to get into the bloodstream via digestion which takes a lot longer. People who have never used cannabis edibles don't get an immediate hit so they think it isn't working and keep eating more and more of it. When the load finally hits, there is so much of it that they can get a nasty reaction to it.

It also, doesn't help that a lot of cannabis edibles are baked as cookies and pastries, where the sugar content helps cover the taste. So, it is a double shot of eating something that a person would likely be inclined to eat more of even if there was no cannabis in it along with the cannabis load.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
23898200-018E-45C5-A72A-68DA79C9C899.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegisav
Recent bookmarks