What's new

Carver cinema series 5.2 Help new to board (1 Viewer)

EliYoussefi

Auditioning
I just upgraded (I think I am still evaluating the speakers) From the following:
Sound dynamics rts-3 and bose 201 surrounds to a full working set of Carver cinema series 5.2 speakers. I am a long time audiophile on a BUDGET and came across these beautiful speakers. They sound wonderful and it usually takes me a month to really decide if I really like a set of speakers.
Here is where my question lies for insurance purposes what would the equivalent of these speakers be on the market today? I would have never been able to afford speakers like this and I would hate to ever do so. Just some quick specs are they contain peerless speakers in the towers they are bipolar and each tower contain a 10" woofer. BTW I found them for 250.00 dollars. Glad to be a part of the community despite my meager setup before I love having clean and warm sounding speakers and an awesome sounding system. I am not crazy about audio, there are some pretty far out ideas about what makes audio good. I hope to be good balanced addition to the group

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Eli

Secrets reviewed the 5.1 system in 1998, the price in the article was $1,699 and the 5.2 was $700 more than that

look here

going by the review, your system sounds like a steal at $250! if you love the sound, then its all the sweeter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks