What's new

Carpet or carpet tiles on walls (1 Viewer)

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Has anyone used carpet or carpet tiles on any of the walls in your theater room? If so, can you share your results, and any advice you have? What type of adhesive you used, etc. Did you do the entire wall floor to ceiling, or just the upper or lower half? How did it affect the audio in the room? Any pics of your room would be GREAT. Thanks.
IF I do this, I'm leaning toward using carpet tiles for easier installation. I'm thinking of doing it mainly for the look, not for any acoustical problem or improvement.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I haven't tried it but if it's for aesthetic purposes, and that's the look you want, it should work. However, if you are putting it on dry wall, you might want to consider using a staple gun to hold it up. The adhesive on carpet tiles might pull off the surface of the dry wall if you change your mind and remove it. You would probably find it easier to cover holes from staples. I bulit a cat tower and covered the horizontal surfaces with carpet reminants last year, and secured them with staples in the wood. The cats haven't pulled the carpet loose. If all you have is gravity to contend with, staples through carpet into drywall should work.And, unless the pile on the carpet is thin, they probably won't show.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Thanks Bob. If I use staples, I don't know if the staples would be hidden. That's definitely an option though. I read about a couple guys that used heavy wallpaper paste instead of adhesive(so carpet can be removed without ruining the drywall). Right now, I'm trying to gather info from guys that have done it, and how it worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks