What's new

Car Wash (1976) (Blu-ray) Coming from Shout Factory (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
101872_front.jpg

June 20, 2017

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I just saw the movie poster art. It's a tossup as to which is worse -- that includes the DVD art.

I guess there was no way to make this artwork any better.

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
Looking forward to this, but what on earth are they thinking of with that that cover art? Totally yuk, not to mention misleading as to the size of Richard Pryor's cameo. A variation on either of these two far more recognisable original posters would be far preferable:
For anyone who wants to voice their opinion, perhaps a comment on Shout's Facebook announcement may yet get them to reconsider:

Last edited:

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
They should sell it with the music. One of my favorites in history.

I waaanna get neeext to yooooouuuuu....
at the CAR WASH! whoa whoa whoa.....

Can't wait to upgrade my old DVD.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Now Available for Preorder

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I saw this film twice in a movie theater as it was a great date film for me back then in the day. I even owned the album with that great soundtrack as I used to play "I Wanna Get Next to You" constantly on my stereo setup. Drove my roommate crazy.:)

Anyhow, I forgot to buy this title when it first came out, but Amazon is now selling it for $14.99 so I jumped on that price.

The Drifter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jim
A while back, I re-watched Car Wash on Blu. Great film, though I've only seen this once before (on the old DVD):

Technical review:

PQ was, overall, excellent. Very sharp, with good color(s) and also great sound. To me, this is unquestionably a significant improvement over the older DVD.

Film review:

-Hilarious movie, and one of my favorite '70's comedies. I found myself laughing out loud during numerous scenes, which rarely happens these days.

-George Carlin's short appearance(s) as the taxi driver whose fare stiffed him were funny.

-The obnoxious kid riding around on his skateboard and blowing raspberries at everyone was great, since I remember kids doing this back in the day (though not to this extent - LOL).

- Richard Pryor's "cameo" was amusing, on two levels:

His character of "Daddy Rich" was great, and obviously a sarcastic condemnation of those hypocritical religious figures that were everywhere in the '70's & '80's. I liked how he ended up blatantly turning Bill Duke's criticism around, and also how everyone listening to him lapped up his b.s. Very true re: the way many people reacted/still react to people like this.

It was ironic but intentional that Pryor was given top billing in the film, was in the forefront of the movie poster, etc. - given that he was barely in the movie
icon_biggrin.gif
Obviously his inclusion was done to help "sell" the film
icon_wink.gif

-Quite possibly the funniest scene in the entire film was when that upscale Beverly Hills mom had to pull into the car wash because her kid was getting sick & she needed her car cleaned. After she took him to the bathroom & then got her car washed, she gave the car wash attendant a tongue-lashing (due to her thinking there was still a dirt mark on the car). As she was leaving, the kid ended up puking on her & all over the interior of the car. Extremely funny
icon_biggrin.gif

-Also, the film also made me think about car washes like this where people actually wash the cars, instead of machines. Do they even still exist? The ones I've seen are all automated; I haven't seen a hand-washed car wash in years - other than those you see being put on by fund-raisers.

I actually stopped using the automated ones when one of them scraped up the bumper of my car many years ago. I complained to the car wash attendant, and they denied that the car wash had anything to do with this - typical.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks