What's new

can't play discs with DVD-ROM features (1 Viewer)

Sergio Z.

Stunt Coordinator
Since about 4 weeks ago, I have been unable to play any dvds on my pc with DVD-ROM features. I have unistalled InterActual player, hoping to re-install, but cannot find a free player download for Windows 98. I initially installed it for free a few years ago with a prompt from a dvd prompt (can't remember which one). I have tried to play those and the drive just spins forever and then ends with "no disc in drive". I am able dvds without any dvd-rom feaures, barebones 1st generation ones, like Batman, Dark City, Gattaca, on Mediamatics player that came installed on the PC when I bought it. Here is my PC profile, per Interactual -
Configuration Item: Detailed Information:
DVD Decoder: Mediamatics, Inc.
Operating System: WINDOWS 98 Version 4.10
Screen Resolution: 800 x 600 with 16 bits per pixel
Graphics Info: RAGE PRO TURBO AGP 2X (English)
DirectDraw Version: 4.08.01.0881
Audio Info: Crystal SoundFusion(tm).
I just want it to work the way is used to. The only cause for blame I can think of is the download of Yahoo Messenger, which I have since unistalled.
I would appreciate any help.

DaveNel

Second Unit
Go to www.download.com and do a search for a free DVD player for your PC, They are there I have seen them.

But be warned they have ad ware and maybe spyware imbedded in them. But if you can live past that they are free for the downloading.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks