What's new

Can't access Star Wars DVD hidden features (1 Viewer)

Erich Stevens

Auditioning
Using the following link as a guide:
http://www.dvdreview.com/eastereggs/collect/316.html
I'm hitting all the right key combinations at the right times (I think), but nothing's happening on my Toshiba DVC2200 DVD player. It also says there are 3 different menu environments (Tatooine, Naboo, Coruscant) on disc 1 which are randomly selected, but after 20 or so times inserting disc 1, I've only seen the Tatooine menu.
Do I have a defective DVD or a crappy DVD player? Or am I just a moron and I'm not doing it right?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I can confirm that there ARE three different menu screens (and themed sub-menus) It's probably just an incompatibility with your player. As long as one menu works, and you can reach everything else on the disc, you're not missing much of anything.

Erich Stevens

Auditioning
Although I may not be missing much, I'd still be interested in knowing where the incompatibility lies between my Star Wars DVD and my Toshiba player. That is, if an incompatibility issue is indeed the case.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
At least your able to view it. On my creative labs DVD ROM player, the only one with a 'Nuemerical remote', I can't even get the blasted menu to come up. The Red light just keeps on blinking for 5 minutes. I assume this is thanks to the blasted 'pc friendly' software..

Jacques C

Stunt Coordinator
I found that two of the three (not Coruscant) came up randomly on my machine. To get anyone to come up deliberately was a pain in the butt. You have to be quick with the remote.

Sand

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks