Can't access Star Wars DVD hidden features

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Erich Stevens, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Erich Stevens

Erich Stevens Auditioning

Using the following link as a guide:
    http://www.dvdreview.com/eastereggs/collect/316.html
    I'm hitting all the right key combinations at the right times (I think), but nothing's happening on my Toshiba DVC2200 DVD player. It also says there are 3 different menu environments (Tatooine, Naboo, Coruscant) on disc 1 which are randomly selected, but after 20 or so times inserting disc 1, I've only seen the Tatooine menu.
    Do I have a defective DVD or a crappy DVD player? Or am I just a moron and I'm not doing it right?

2. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I can confirm that there ARE three different menu screens (and themed sub-menus) It's probably just an incompatibility with your player. As long as one menu works, and you can reach everything else on the disc, you're not missing much of anything.

3. Erich Stevens

Although I may not be missing much, I'd still be interested in knowing where the incompatibility lies between my Star Wars DVD and my Toshiba player. That is, if an incompatibility issue is indeed the case.

4. Erich Stevens

Sorry, I need to clarify. My DVD player is a ZENITH DVC2200, NOT TOSHIBA.

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

At least your able to view it. On my creative labs DVD ROM player, the only one with a 'Nuemerical remote', I can't even get the blasted menu to come up. The Red light just keeps on blinking for 5 minutes. I assume this is thanks to the blasted 'pc friendly' software..

6. Jacques C

Jacques C Stunt Coordinator

I found that two of the three (not Coruscant) came up randomly on my machine. To get anyone to come up deliberately was a pain in the butt. You have to be quick with the remote.

Sand