Canadian dvd?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ShawnCD, Jul 9, 2004.

1. ShawnCD

ShawnCD Auditioning

I was hoping that someone here could give me some info about a question that I have. I recently ordered the Northern Exposure and Dead Like Me dvd box sets from a Canadian company. In both cases the little booklet inserts were missing from the dvd cases. I called the company and they told me that Canadian dvd sets are different from American dvd sets and that is probably why the inserts weren't included. For example, the person to whom I spoke said that "Canadian MGM" may not include the inserts even if "American MGM" does. Does this sound right to anyone? As far as I know MGM is one company and the distinction between "Canadian" and "US" MGM was more than a little confusing to me. At least, I don't recall anything stating that the sets were different at the time that I ordered them. If anyone else has run into this, I'd love to hear your take on it.

Thanks

2. Greg Madsen

Greg Madsen Second Unit

I can't comment on the two titles you mentioned but the Gilmore Girls Season 1 set sold in Canada did not include the booklet. That was apperently a mistake and booklets were mailed out to those who needed them.

3. Jeff

Jeff Supporting Actor

The Northern Exposure DVD is the same as the US one and has no booklet. This is one of the biggest complaints about this DVD set. I've never known any "Canadian DVD" to not have an insert when the US edition did, unless it was done by a different studio here.

Jeff