What's new

Can you help me out with types of connections please (1 Viewer)

Mike Baldwin

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I have a few dollars to spend and don't wnat to do anything wrong and have to redo it in the future. My main concern is with my equipment what are all the best possible ways I would have to connect them all.

Explain the pro/cons of XLR's and how they can be used.
Same as above but it S-Video's, and Optic cables.
Also how can I benefit from a R-232 port and what connection is needed to power addition items like lights, curtains, and other items, I heard of some receivers can do this.

I plan on getting a Elite 45TX and a good DVD player. I have a Toshiba 51H83 HDTV. Speakers are paradigm Cinema 70's(full 5.1 set) for now.

I have a guy locally that can custom make cables really reasonable so that is my supplier( heartland cables). I just want the right type of connections.

Sorry for so many ?'s. I just like to know as much as possible since HT is my new obsession...lol

Mike

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Mike, Check the FAQ and Primer (link in my sig) for a basic overview of cable types and connectors.

It won't answer all your questions- but will probably get you started (and will probably have you come up witha ll new questions, lol!).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks