What's new

Can you help me name this song? (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
There's a song I've heard on the radio many times. I like it but I have no idea who sings it or what it's called. I was hoping some of the HTF's music fans could help me identify the piece, the main complication being that I can't recall any of the songs lyrics.

The song is not new, I would say it's at least ten years old but probably more like fifteen or more, maybe as much as thirty or so (a pretty broad range, I know).

I don't really know music that well, so please forgive me for not being able to describe it well. I would call it a light, slow song. The most distinctive part is the song's opening saxophone solo.

If you know of any song with a strong saxophone solo towards the beginning, I would really appreciate it. I know it's a fairly popular song (or at least was in its time), so hopefully we can figure it out.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

ChrisP

Agent
Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty? First thing that popped into my head from your description.

The Foo Fighters did a great cover of it a few years back.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Geez, a light, slow song with a sax solo at the beginning, that is 10-15 years old?

Careless whisper by George Michael?

- Cryo

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Wow, that was quick! I used Google to search for "Baker Street" and found the lyrics, and reading them over, it is indeed the song I was thinking of. I couldn't recall them off the top of my head but I definitely recognize them.

Thanks a ton!

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
I don't really know music that well, so please forgive me for not being able to describe it well.
I'll forgive you, millions wouldn't.
About those forgettable lyrics, are they sung by a male or a female, or is it more of a Wayne Newton thing?
So far we have sax solo between 1973 and 1993.

Jim

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Seriously, this is why I love the Home Theater Forum so much.

Rereading my own post, I gave just about the most vague, awful description one could possibly imagine, yet I got a correct answer in just twenty mintutes! Amazing… You guys rock.

MatS

Screenwriter
well I'm a little late to the thread but "Baker Street" was what I thought of when I read your first post. Guess your description wasn't that bad after all ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks