What's new

Can you confirm Band of Bros. $63 at WalMart? (1 Viewer)

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
On a military history site I frequent the buzz is that Wal-Mart has marked down the DVD set of "Band of Brothers" to about $63. Can anyone confirm this for Wal-Marts in northern California?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Hi Dennis! Someone posted here a couple of weeks ago that they found BOB for $64 at their local Wal-Mart. I'm afraid I don't remember exactly where, but I would guess it was in one of Dave Lambert's weekly RoundUps. I also do not remember where the poster was from. However, I can tell you that my local Wal-Mart is still carrying the title up in the $80 range. I prsonally secured the title awhile ago from someone selling it used. It is one of my favorite titles in my collection.

Mike
P.S. You are wanted over in that "other" thread by the old gang.

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
I'm nowhere near California, but my Walmarts are selling Band of Brothers in the $60s.

Your best bet is to actually call the Walmart and ask them. As has been pointed out many times, Walmart pricing varies from store to store.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
If you don't find it at Wal-Mart for that low and are able to wait for it in the mail, you could order it from DDD with either the usatoday or DVDTALK promotional code (both good until 12/5) and get it for $67.96 -- free shipping.

Mawiyah

Agent
I just purchased Band of Bros. at Walmart 3 days ago for $64 and some change (can't remember exact price).
Band of Brothers was on two different places on the shelves. One pile was up on a high shelf (right at eye level), the other pile was down on a low shelf (a perfect spot for being noticed by a crawling baby). The ones up high were marked at $87 and change, the one's down low for $64 and change. I have no idea what the difference between the two was (if there was any -- *both* of them were in the tin), but i didn't really give a damn. so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for the $64 sets!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks