What's new

Can the Lions do it?!?! (1 Viewer)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Another close one, but a loss is a loss. The Detroit Lions stand at 0-11, just five away from a perfect season. Forget the Rams, Bears, Niners, etc... the Lions are the REAL DEAL BABY!

The early report is that Batch is out 4-6 weeks with a 3rd degree separation. That leaves the Rookie or Mr. Interception as the starting QB. IMO this development comes close to ensuring an o'fer season.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Many of their losses have been very close. I don't think we will see 0-16.
Where is Scott Merryfield? He has the real answer. :D

Jason P

Stunt Coordinator
My prediction:

They'll win in two weeks at home against the Vikings with the Rookie. Final score 20-9.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see the Lions make history at 0-16, but they are dancing too close to the line between winning and losing each week. They are bound to cross it and win a game, but I hope they don't.
Hey, Lions fans, I bet you thought you would never wish this, but maybe your team needs Wayne Fontes and Scott Mitchell again. :rolleyes

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Where is Scott Merryfield? He has the real answer.
I'm here, Jeff. :)
While losing Batch does increase their chances of making history, I still think they will win a game somewhere. If Culpepper doesn't get healthy, the Vikings game may be their best bet. Otherwise, there is Dallas in the last game ever to be played at the Silverdome.
Remember, the Lions always find a way to screw things up, so we should expect them to find a way to mess up this perfect season, too. :) They will probably go 1-15 and lose the #2 draft pick on a tie breaker to Carolina or Buffalo (or both).

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Good point Scott, I didn't look at it that way ;) Having been a Lions fan for 25+ years I should have thought of it myself. That would be too funny, to go 1-15 and not only miss out on the first pick, but the first three picks!
BTW, all of this happening with pretty slim pickings for the 2002 draft is very appropriate!

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
The Lions have to be the best 0-11 I've ever seen. They're not great by any means; but they're not horrible either.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Well, the San Diego Chargers couldn't hold it last season. They won a game to go 1-15. I hope the Lions can hold out with zero wins for the Season.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
I hope you guys go on a crazy winning streak and beat the Vikes too. We need a good draft pick too. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks