What's new

Can I get some recommendations for stands, and placement for Mini Monitors please? (1 Viewer)

james e m

Second Unit
Can anybody recommend a nice, not too expensive pair of stands that I can use for my Mini Monitors? I used the search function, but that didn't help much. I've never used stands before, so I wasn't sure what size base I would need. The Mini Monitors footprint is 8 x 10.5 inches. They will be used for surrounds so I want them to be at least 30 inches high. Also, if anybody has any recommendations for their placement please let me know. Paradigm suggests having the tweeters placed at ear level and Dolby suggests placing the speakers 2-3 feet above the listener.

Thanks...

James

Manuel Delaflor

Supporting Actor
About the position I would say its a matter of personal choice. After a lot of tests I run my speakers with the mids and tweeters at the ear level. Perhaps just a little lower.

I do this because I love classical music and this way I think it better represent what is the actual listening position when I go to a live concert.

But, if you use your system mainly for movies its your call.

james e m

Second Unit
Nick, yes they will be. I plan on using Monitor 11's for my mains. I havn't bought the 11's yet, but I plan to mid January.

Manuel, thanks for the opinion!

james

Nick L

Second Unit
I'm not sure what brand they are, but a buddy of mine bought some telescoping stands for his rears. I think they can go from 3-5 feet. For the rears I think they would work just fine. He bought them at Circuit City for under a $100.

Nick L

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
I have atoms for surrounds and I bought the Premier J30 (30") from my Paradigm dealer. Mini mons will fit on these stands. I've seen comments somewhere that people don't like these stands but I'm not sure why. They are sturdy, sand fillable, look nice, and cost about the same as your basic stand will cost. And they are the perfect height to get you surrounds at ear level. They are $100 per pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks