What's new

Can I do this to my 55" Mits. HDTV for about 5 minutes? (1 Viewer)

CRyan

Screenwriter
Well, I have moved to Nashville, and I am having a problem. The move is only temporary (about 10-12 months), but I would like to get my Projection TV up into my apartment. If I can't, I guess I will try to sell it. UGH!
So, the question is, can this TV be placed on its side for about 3-5 mintutes? I have a narrow hallway at the top of the stairs that this TV will have to go up. The only way to get it to go would be to place it on its side once at the top of the stairs so that it could then be turned while on its side. After turning, it could then be placed back on its wheels.
So can a projection TV be placed on its side for a few minutes or not?
Thanks for any help. I really need it.
C. Ryan

I'm certainly no expert on moving RPTVs, but I would have to imagine that orientation of the tv for short periods of time is minor compared to any jostling, bumping, and banging as it's being moved. This is what I would be most concerned about, as any shifting of the optics could drastically affect the image. At the very least, I would do another convergence adjustment when it was set up again.
Regards,
Chris
------------------
Christian A. Sonntag
"The world owes you nothing. Take responsibility for your own actions!"

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
CRyan,
Have no worries. Before I bought my 46" I called several places asking the same question because getting her down the hall and into my HT room I was almost certain she would have to be turned on her side and slid into the room.
Sure enough when they delivered her on Saturday, the delivery guys tried every which way but to no avail. They flipped her up on her side and slide her in. Up on the stand she went and she was in perfect operational order, besides the major Avia calibrating needed.
Enjoy :)
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon/

CRyan

Screenwriter
Ok. Thanks a lot for the replies. However, after an exhaustive measuring session, it looks as though there will be no way to get the set onto the second level (were my apartment is). I was under the assumption that my set would be wider than it is tall since it is a widescreen set afterall. However, with the Mitsubishi's boxed design, the friggen thing is actually an inch taller than it is wide.
Oh me, what a dissapointing day indeed.
frown.gif

Anyone in the Nashville area want to purchase an almost new 55807 for $2,700 straight?
C. Ryan

Greg S

Supporting Actor
Hey if you get wild and crazy and feel like driving 6-8 hours and wanna swap your 55 for my 46 and a stand I'm all ears, hehe!!
biggrin.gif

Actually I am super tickled over my 46807 (4 days old mind you), yes bigger would have been a little better but the almighty dollar spoke and I listened.
I hope you can work it out as the 55 is a nice set and it does suck that it probably won't fit for you.
Good Luck.
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks