What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Can Flash memory sticks withstand the summer heat? (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm getting a new car head unit, and it's got a USB connector that allows you to connect a USB Flash memory stick to it (plays MP3s from the memory stick). Will the memory stick survive in the long-term if I leave it in my glove compartment inside the car during the summer heat?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Tekara

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
Well sandisk rates their sdcard as being able to operate in temperatures up to 185 dF, if that helps you any.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Wonder if the longevity factor works against you if you leave it in the heat all summer long?

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
heat shouldnt be too bad for it (not great, but shouldnt destory it), but don't leave it in the direct sunlight.

mylan

Screenwriter
These things are more bulletproof than I thought, I once refrigerated a compact flash card overnight, worked like a charm even though it condensated when I brought it out.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I have a USB key chain in my backback at all times. That backpack is basically in my car 24/7 (except for when I bring it into the office), but other than that, it's in the hot car for long periods of time and it still works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks