What's new

Can *any* headset/mic be plugged into XBox communicator? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I've had the XBox communicator a while, and quite frankly it's uncomfortable as hell for my head and ears.

I have at work access to PC headsets with a mic, and was wondering if anyone has had luck in using something like that with the XBox communicator base (remember, I'm still going to use the base, I just want to swap out the actual headset/mic combo).

Thanks for any help you all can provide!

Paul_Massey

Auditioning
From what I've seen of the headset, you should be able to put any headset on there as long as the plug size matches. The plugs on them are pretty much industry standard and should be pretty easy to find. If not your local electronics store will have an appropriate adaptor.

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Any 2.5mm headset will work, except those for Nokia phones, which swap mic/ear signals. However, you may need to file the new plug a little for a good fit, as the MS communicator has a special socket for a locking fit. Compare two plugs and you'll see what I mean.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
You can plug in any headset but you will most likely experience some issues with it. Headsets not designed for Live tend to generate a lot of echo. I bought a Jabra headset for this purpose but stopped using it after it was causing problems with echoing.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I get a some echo on my standard headset, so I don't think it can get much worse. I think the echo has to do more with the connection than the actual headset.

I've found out that most headsets designed to work with cordless phones will work w/ Live. How? I plugged my Live headset into my cordless phone and it worked perfectly... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks