What's new

California Streaming - September 14th event (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
It’s go time!
1631030995722.jpeg

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Gooood. More for me to buy at 3am next Friday. Everyone should wait lol.

seriously tho I don’t expect this will slow down buyers much at all even if it’s 100% true.

“oh my gosh did you see the body changes coming to next year’s phone???” you mean like there has been for about 75% of them each year?

I don’t mind the notch. A smaller notch this year is welcome but not a big deal. No notch at all next year is welcome but not a big deal. All my phones but one have gone in a case and I never see their sides or back’s bare metal and glass. Changes to the body are nearly invisible to most people.

and this years phone will be faster than last years. Next years will be even faster. There is nothing in the world that needs a faster phone IMO. They are capable of running AAA games just fine now, and only AAA games will get any improvement out of spec bumps. Phones are fast enough as is. At least iPhones are lol

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Gooood. More for me to buy at 3am next Friday. Everyone should wait lol.

seriously tho I don’t expect this will slow down buyers much at all even if it’s 100% true.

“oh my gosh did you see the body changes coming to next year’s phone???” you mean like there has been for about 75% of them each year?

I don’t mind the notch. A smaller notch this year is welcome but not a big deal. No notch at all next year is welcome but not a big deal. All my phones but one have gone in a case and I never see their sides or back’s bare metal and glass. Changes to the body are nearly invisible to most people.

and this years phone will be faster than last years. Next years will be even faster. There is nothing in the world that needs a faster phone IMO. They are capable of running AAA games just fine now, and only AAA games will get any improvement out of spec bumps. Phones are fast enough as is. At least iPhones are lol

The one thing that might realistically mean much of anything might be the potential for bigger, longer lasting battery that might come w/ that thicker phone design... though being able to get a $60 battery refresh/replacement from Apple has alleviated that issue a good deal me thinks...

_Man_

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm going on iPhone spoiler blackout. I've been following the rumors much more closely this year than ever in the past. But with a week to go, I'll enjoy what surprises remain. :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The one thing that might realistically mean much of anything might be the potential for bigger, longer lasting battery that might come w/ that thicker phone design... though being able to get a $60 battery refresh/replacement from Apple has alleviated that issue a good deal me thinks...

_Man_

I very much look forward to getting that one too. I’m spoiled and priveleged in that way here tho.

should anyone with a 2 year old or older phone wait for next year for these minor points tho? Not in my opinion. No. They should get a 2021 iPhone and get double the bumps in 2023 or later.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
I very much look forward to getting that one too. I’m spoiled and priveleged in that way here tho.

should anyone with a 2 year old or older phone wait for next year for these minor points tho? Not in my opinion. No. They should get a 2021 iPhone and get double the bumps in 2023 or later.
Will be very happy to get an iPhone 13 to upgrade from my iPhone 11 Pro camera. Other desired upgrade — more internal data storage, Touch ID for masked/polarized sunglasses in addition to FaceID. (Yes, the Apple Watched FaceID assist usually works with masks, but does not with sunglasses)
Why more storage — vast amounts of podcasts, which I especially want to listen to when on a trip precisely where I can’t download old ones

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
If I had an iPhone 11, I’d give serious consideration to waiting for the 2022 iPhone 14 over a two-year upgrade iPhone 13, depending on rumors. I seem to have moved away from a two year upgrade cadence and into a three or four year cadence. (I’m not loving this four year upgrade duration I’m living. But a three year cadence is pretty manageable.)

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'd actually wait too -- I'm actually fine w/ my iPhone 11, except it could maybe use a battery refresh now (at 83% health) -- but my 14-yo needs a new phone anyway, so I'm probably passing mine to her (like before... as she has my dying old 7)...

_Man_

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'd actually wait too -- I'm actually fine w/ my iPhone 11, except it could maybe use a battery refresh now (at 83% health) -- but my 14-yo needs a new phone anyway, so I'm probably passing mine to her (like before... as she has my dying old 7)...

_Man_
At almost four years old, my iPhone 8+ battery life is appreciably much shorter now. If I weren't upgrading this month, I'd have to get a battery replacement.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

_Man_
At almost four years old, my iPhone 8+ battery life is appreciably much shorter now. If I weren't upgrading this month, I'd have to get a battery replacement.
Hell, you don't have my old dinosaur, the 6s Plus.:laugh: I've skipped so many different generations, I'm kind of intimidated upgrading to these more advanced models. It's like having a cell phone for the very fist time again.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just reading the rumor mill, as usual, and one of the best pieces of news that is floating around is that despite the chip shortage and the increased cost of manufacturing the new iPhone for Apple, the company will NOT be passing those costs to the consumer. The prices of the iPhone 13 is said to be the same as the 12.

Hell, you don't have my old dinosaur, the 6s Plus.:laugh: I've skipped so many different generations, I'm kind of intimidated upgrading to these more advanced models. It's like having a cell phone for the very fist time again.

It will be exactly that.

I think the biggest upgrade you will see, outside of 5G, is the camera capability. The cameras on these phones take stunning photos. I compare them with photos that my friends take on their older android or iPhones and they just don’t compare.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks