What's new

Calibrating my new Tv- Anything I should know? (1 Viewer)

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
Hey all, I'll have a copy of Avia in my hands tommorow and am going to do a basic calibration with it on my new 30" Toshiba HDTV. I'm mainly looking to get my brightness, color, contrast etc. in order for DVD's so that movies will look the best they can without a pro calibration. A few months down the road I'd like to get a professional calibration but I can't afford it right now and Avia is the best I can do.

Anyways, are there any tips you all can give me to do this basic calibration? Any thing I need to know from you calibration experts before I get started? Admittedly, I'm just becoming a video afficianado so I know very little. Any tips you all can give would be great. Thanks:) .

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

The contrast test will not help you to properly set contrast. Only where not to set it.

After you find the max point to to exceed, use the 100 ire window box and look at the pattern and adjust it to a level where it does not hurt your eyes ...

Beyond this ... follow the instructions.

Regards

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I'm sorry, I thought I mentioned that I will be calibrating a direct-view CRT.

Thanks for the links, they seem to have some good info in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks