What's new

BWHAH HA HA HA ! Look at the region 2 crow cover (1 Viewer)

DannyS

Second Unit
have a look on google to see if you find a copy of the crow r2 special edition cover to look at.

dvd cover art would refuse it!!

abysmal.

I had to make my own!!!

Kai Zas

Second Unit
The Region 2 cover (first pic) is indeed superb. The Region 1 cover sucks. A lot. My point is that it's usually the R2 cover that is far superior to the mug-shot covers they use in America.

Jussi Tarvainen

Second Unit
That Crow cover "art" was also used for the earlier video releases, and it is indeed very bad, but as Kai Zas already mentioned, there are a thousand examples of the R2 art being far superior to the R1 art.

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
That was the poster art for the UK release. I have the original British quad of that and it looks pretty cool (IMO). As a DVD cover? It probably doesn't work. Although I never care for Miramax's "artwork" much. There is always way to many reviews etc on the covers for my taste.

Here is a link to the full poster:

http://www.posterplanet.net/crowbq.htm

--Ian

JulianK

Supporting Actor
Many of the Touchstone titles that used to be distributed in the UK by Warner Home Video have been reissued with new sleeve artwork, but that picture of Beloved does look like a VHS cover (the proportions are wrong for a DVD sleeve, for a start!)

I like the blue image - the theatrical poster. At least it hints that the film is a horror movie!

Kai Zas

Second Unit
I've been on the verge of buying Beloved for quite some time. I live in R2 but I buy most of my dvd's in Canada. I was about to order it from dv-depot when I happend upon that sweet looking R2 box. Now I'm not sure :)

Kai Zas

Second Unit
Okay! That's just the push I needed. Great cover-art and an anamorphic version. Will get me the R2 version right now.

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Geez with those 2 shots of beloved, if I saw the movie on the shelves and knew nothing about it, chances are I wouldn't even look at the R1 disc because the cover is so bad. The R2 cover is much more appealing, it would at least make me read the back!

Kai Zas

Second Unit
It's weird how they try to sell the movie with a Roger Ebert quote and some bad mug-shots instead of the fine artwork that completely sets the mood and a tagline that's mysterious, don't you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twinkletoes
Recent bookmarks