What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: Soul (4K UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Best Buy has pre-orders up for the steelbook, but it's listed at $39.99 with no discounting at all. I know steelbooks are typically expensive, but that seems unusually high to me. I might wait a little while to reserve mine to see if it adjusts down within the next few days.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Best Buy has pre-orders up for the steelbook, but it's listed at $39.99 with no discounting at all. I know steelbooks are typically expensive, but that seems unusually high to me. I might wait a little while to reserve mine to see if it adjusts down within the next few days.
The Amazon pre-orders went live this morning!

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The Amazon pre-orders went live this morning!
DMC sent out a pre-order announcement: the blu-ray $24.99
4K is $29.99...

Disney Movie Club
OWN THE NEWEST MUST-HAVE FILM FROM PIXAR
Everybody Has A Soul. Joe Gardner Is About To Find His.

Available to own 3/23/21.​
Multi-Screen Editions include a Digital Code* so you can enjoy your movies on your favorite devices

Member-Exclusive Gifts!​
Get A FREE‡ Collectible Lithograph
Get A FREE** Collectible Pendant

1614138960577.png

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Best Buy just dropped the price of the steelbook (a bit) to $34.99.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The last new Disney Blu-ray titles I was able to pre-order from Amazon and receive were The BFG and Pete's Dragon back in November 2016.

Amazon is great with some other things, but this year will be the fifth anniversary of their spat with Disney and they obviously don't care, so it's likely to go on indefinitely. Even if I didn't want the steelbook, I would not trust Amazon on this title.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Never made that connection. Funny you mention INSIDE OUT. I loved that film and SOUL reminded me of it.

I have seen all his Pixar films and by far, SOUL surpasses them all.

However, I don't want to get your expectations up too high before you watch the film.

Come back and let me know what you thought.
Just watched Soul tonight on Disney+ with my eleven year old son and we loved it. It was original, engaging and funny, although I didn't think it quite reached the emotional highs of some of my favourite Pixar films. It reminded me of Inside Out too. But I will absolutely be purchasing the 4K UHD.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just watched Soul tonight on Disney+ with my eleven year old son and we loved it. It was original, engaging and funny, although I didn't think it quite reached the emotional highs of some of my favourite Pixar films. It reminded me of Inside Out too. But I will absolutely be purchasing the 4K UHD.

Kevin,

That was sooo cool to read. Thanks so much for sharing that. 4k for me, too!

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Here is a better look at the contents of the Target exclusive edition with the gallery book.

Soul.jpg

Most of Target's editions have been digipacks, but the Onward one last year just put a different slipcover that had a spot for the gallery book over the standard 4K keepcase version as shown in the unboxing video below. I'm not sure if the Soul one one is a digipack or if they will be repeating the same packaging style used for Onward.

The gallery books are usually excerpts from the full length hardcover art books which are sold individually. So if you have the art book, or would like to get it, I think the Target edition would be a shorter duplicate of that. Here is the link for the standalone art book if anyone wants it.

For this reason, the Target editions have never really interested me much and I will be getting the steelbook.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Anybody interested in the steelbook might want to take a look at Best Buy's page for it.

This says that it is unavailable for shipping or for store pickup (at least near me.)

I am hoping this means they just sold out of preorders and not that the release is cancelled. My existing preorder is in place and says it will be ready for pickup on Tuesday, so that's good. It appears based on the current condition of the listing that they ordered a small number of steelbooks and probably underestimated the demand for them. This would not be the first time.

If anyone else wants the steelbook, I would advise getting to your store relatively quickly next Tuesday.

Target does not seem to have any issue with their exclusive which includes a gallery book (likely excerpted from the full art of book.)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Anybody interested in the steelbook might want to take a look at Best Buy's page for it.

This says that it is unavailable for shipping or for store pickup (at least near me.)

I am hoping this means they just sold out of preorders and not that the release is cancelled. My existing preorder is in place and says it will be ready for pickup on Tuesday, so that's good. It appears based on the current condition of the listing that they ordered a small number of steelbooks and probably underestimated the demand for them. This would not be the first time.

If anyone else wants the steelbook, I would advise getting to your store relatively quickly next Tuesday.

Target does not seem to have any issue with their exclusive which includes a gallery book (likely excerpted from the full art of book.)
I checked for my area and it looks like it is store specific for curbside (or in store ?) pick-up on March 23.

1616053633026.png

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I was just poking around Disney+ and noticed that several of the extras from the Blu-ray are already available to watch on there.

The only extras which are not currently available on Disney+ are the deleted scenes and the audio commentary.

I don't know if they have been there since December, but it's possible. The first time I watched the film was at 1 o'clock in the morning of Christmas when it dropped, so by the time I finished it I was too tired to look for anything else and just went to bed.

Of course, I'm still happy to purchase the Blu-ray and look forward to getting It next week. But much of what is coming supplements-wise is not actually new for the disc and can be viewed now.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I checked for my area and it looks like it is store specific for curbside (or in store ?) pick-up on March 23.

Thanks. I guess my local stores might not have any more left to reserve. In any case, I'm glad I got my order in early. They are currently offering both in-store pickup at the customer service counter as usual and curbside pickup, so you could choose either one.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Thanks. I guess my local stores might not have any more left to reserve. In any case, I'm glad I got my order in early. They are currently offering both in-store pickup at the customer service counter as usual and curbside pickup, so you could choose either one.
It probably wouldn't hurt to call the store(s) that you would be comfortable going to on your release day and see if you can reserve a copy then :cool:.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If the listings in the press release are complete, this is the first Pixar title in some time that won't have a selection of theatrical trailers.

I'm quoting my own post to report, happily, that the press release was not complete.

The bonus disc does indeed keep up the Pixar tradition of including trailers for the film even though the press release didn't indicate their presence.

The first teaser (which debuted in November 2019 accompanying the theatrical release of Frozen II) appears on the disc in its original English.

The second trailer is not here in English, but it is here in a Polish dub with English subtitles. It is the same as the second trailer in English was but they decided to include a dub of it for some reason.

There is also a third trailer which is in Russian which I had never seen before at all. I assume it was for the Russian theatrical release. (Soul was released in theaters in markets where theaters are open and Disney+ does not exist.)

The audio commentary and deleted scenes are exclusive to purchases of the movie (Blu-ray or digital retailer purchase.). The featurettes have been uploaded to Disney+ and are available to watch there. Of course, chances are good that most people here don't need to be convinced to make a purchase. But if any of you are still thinking about it, I would say that the audio commentary on this disc is fantastic. This isn't much of a surprise because Pixar commentaries are usually really good, but I found this one especially interesting, listenable and engaging. It deepened my appreciation for the film. So I would recommend that to everybody who might be interested.

The deleted scenes are interesting alternate concepts, and you'll want to check those out if you're a big fan. But they did the right thing in cutting them because what they ended up with is more effective.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks