What's new

Buyer Beware at 6ave (1 Viewer)

SteveMs

Agent
I just bought a 3808ci from 6ave.com on Saturday. I called in, got a fantastic price with free shipping. I received the receiver on Tuesday and everything was perfect. I'm sorry to hear about what happened with your experience, but mistakes do happen.

dany

Supporting Actor
Real Name
D

Sounds like he asked for it back and you said forget it. I'd start to get crappy to. Should have said ok but how about you send a hdmi with my 3808 for my trouble.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
I realize that the OP probably unsubscribed a long time ago, so this argument is just for our own sake...but

He accepted and willfully continued to use a product of much higher value than he paid for. Throwing away the box wasn't an "oops". He knew it was the wrong unit so he never even had to break the seal in the first place. He had to expect he would get called on it so throwing away the packing material was just a slimy tactic to keep the better unit. Taking that approach was passive aggressive from the beginning and he knew he could use it as a BS way to get something for nothing. I think that the guy at 6ave decerned that from the beginning and suspected he wasn't getting the 4308 back. He may have overstepped his bounds by charging the card...time will tell but right is right. This is the American legal system, though. Legal, and right don't always coincide.

There was a thread a while back surrounding a guy that received a duplicate 20" (IIRC) wide screen monitor with an order from Dell (or was it two? Can't find the old thread). He tried to make it into some kind of Sophie's Choice by saying "You can't judge until you're in that situation." Again, right is right. There are differences between merchandise and cash, but in a banking situation if you inadvertently receive a deposit that isn't yours into your account you can be held criminally liable for spending it.

A less slimy approach would have been to proactivly call the company and bring it to their attention and see what kind of deal he could get out of them for the 4308 for his trouble. Basically what this guy did was he received a filet when he ordered sirloin...then to keep the waiter from taking it back he spit on the filet. Eventually things like that makes the cost of the filet go up.

Paul Padilla

Supporting Actor
BTW...Dany....I think that picture in your signature is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.:eek:

DOPEJAM

Auditioning
Real Name
Tariq
Although it's a super old thread I have to say I disagree with you Andy.

From a legal perspective, you are only entitled to what you've paid for. The law does not grant the purchaser of products automatic entitlement over mistakes that result in their favor... or in anyone's favor for that matter.

From an ethical perspective, you are only entitled to what you've paid for. People make mistakes, so if they sent you the wrong item and want to ship you the right one - what's the problem?

So, if you decide to not return what is legally theirs - one could argue that through inaction you've purchased the higher end equipment, and 6Ave.com is thus warranted in charging you the difference of what are owed to them.

The inconvenience factor is definitely on their end, and although not required, it'd be honorable on their part to do something to compensate you for any troubles (e.g. send you some free DVDs, or a gift certificate, etc...) that they have caused.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks