What's new

Buy north of the boarder? (1 Viewer)

PatSloan

Agent
With the great exchange rate I was wondering if it was worth the effort to buy components north of the board? I live in the Seattle area and am planning a road trip vacation to Victoria, BC in April. I would love to pick up a great deal on a set of Energy Take 5.2 speakers. Anyone know if the exchange rate will make it a viable plan?

Any recommendations for stores to check out while I am there?

Thanks.

Jack Keck

Second Unit
So Canada is north of the border for you. Wher I live, I have to go south to get to Canada. :) (Windsor is the only place in Canada that is directly south of any part of the US.

MonishS

Auditioning
You have probably thought of this, but anyway.. You would be best served by finding the dealers for your brand in the area where you plan to be and giving them a call, getting a quote. Then compare that to prices in your area.

I too live in the Detroit Metro area where Canada is right across the border, but when I compared prices ( including no taxes in Canada), it still worked out cheaper in the US since I got a 15% discount from the dealer here versus there). I was buying Definitive speakers.

Hope that helps

Monish

MikePon

Grip
All depends on the item you are purchasing. I have done alot of cross border shopping being that my wife is an America and I am Canadian. Electronics is typically cheaper in the US even after the exchange rate. Automotive parts/repairs seem to be cheaper in Canada. Just know your prices before you go and find out about duties from American Customs.

Your Southern Canadian Friend

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks