What's new

Buy 180P or 720P (1 Viewer)

Samuel_C

Auditioning
Hello I am looking to purchase a new HDTV.The burning question is should I go with the new standard 1080P sets or is 720P just fine.Thanks

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
Samuel.....Welcome to HTF. To answer that question depends a lot on you and your preferences.

What is your budget, type of display, what is the main use of your TV, etc. etc. etc.

When I was looking at RPTV I was leaning towards the JVC HD-ILA 1080p sets. I thought that the 1080p sets just had a better picture than the 720p sets but.......that was MY opinion. Have sense decided to go FP but that is another story.

Just remember that very few current TV's will accept true 1080p input.....I believe that thru my info gathering the HP set is one of those few there may be one or two others but the list I believe is short.

My recommendation is buy the best TV you can that your budget allows and do a lot of test driving to see what you like.

Just my .02

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks