What's new

Buster Keaton DVDs in Minneapolis? (1 Viewer)

Claes Ljunghorn

Stunt Coordinator
(I hope this is the right forum)

Does anyone know a store in Minneapolis/Saint Paul that might stock the Buster Keaton DVDs like "The Navigator", "The Saphead" and "College"? Please let me know! Thanks!

Claes

Eric Thrall

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm... I got my copies online, but I'm virtually certain I've seen them at Best Buys around town...

Craig Sherman

Stunt Coordinator
And if the Best Buys in Minneapolis (Biggity Buy's HQ) don't have it, what hope is there for the rest of the country?

Try dvdpricesearch.com to find an e-tailer with the best price in that instance.

Back on my meds,

CS

P.S. You like Keaton? Get the Kino box set. My roommate (from Bloomington, MN, BTW) has it. Quite impressive. Between that and my copy of Murnau's Faust, good hopes for next year's Metropolis DVD.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Your best bet would probably be Borders. I never saw Buster Keaton in a store like Best Buy, but was able to purchase the lion's share of mine from Borders. Note that individual discs are hard to find now that the box set is out.

Brian E

Screenwriter
Pretty sure I saw some Keaton stuff at Borders in Minnetonka. You can check stock at the B&M borders stores at their site, you can also reserve titles.

Claes Ljunghorn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks everybody!
The reason that I wanted the separate films is that I already own 7 of the Keaton DVDs. Borders did not seem to have them, so I guess I will have to order them online after all...

/Claes

Dave_M

Agent
Real Name
David Martin
The wonderful St. Paul Public Library system has the entire box set available individually. They're free and you can check them out over and over again! At least till you find them for sale.

Dave

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Claes, I don't know if you are visiting the Twin Cities or if you live there (since your location says Sweden), but if you are going to be there a while, I'm sure Borders can order them for you. I got my last couple of Keatons that way. It took somewhere from a week to a week and a half. That's an option if you just don't want to order online. Otherwise, you could order them direct from Amazon or whatever is cheapest.

Claes Ljunghorn

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks again!

Yes, I live in Sweden but will be in Saint Paul/Minneapolis for a week early September. The Keaton DVDs are not available here and if I order them online the Swedish custom charge a lot...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.