What's new

Building house-need A/V help (1 Viewer)

Jason Kass

Agent
Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster. You guys know your stuff and a lot of it is over my head...for now. I have a question on new construction. I am to the A/V wiring stage and most of it has gone well but now I have a dillema. Here it goes.

My settup WILL be:

64"pioneer hdtv

outlaw 1050 receiver

klipsch reference 3- 6.1

pioneer prog scan dvd

Dish network dual line dish

1 RG6 antenna line

I have Superwire(2 cat5,2 rg6,2 fiber optic bundle)and one RG6 run to every room (minus baths) in the house, which go to the mechanical room to my distribution box. Now...I can get a 3 into 8 amplifier/splitter and I want to input the antenna, dish line one, and dish line two to split them to every room so anyone can watch the dish/local.

My question is do I run all three lines to the splitter first and then to the 64"(the home theater)like all the rest, or do I run all three to my home theater and "y" them to send them the rest of the way to the distribution box? I am worried about signal quality. Which would give me the best for the home theater(screw the bedroom tv's)?

Also would you run the dish lines through the Outlaw 1050, because I have heard of possible quality loss there too.

I thank you for any help you could give.

Jason

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Jason,
Your feeds from the dish and antenna should go directly to a homerun location. Your feeds from inside the house should all feed to the same homerun location. You connect the feeds from the dish and antenna to the inputs of a multiswitch. Then connect the runs to each room to an output on the multiswitch. Spaun has just come out with a multiswitch that has 16 outputs. More than all but the more outrageous TIVO users will need.
Go to www.spaun.com/ and look at the duo-sat multiswitches for more information. I'll warn you that the Spaun stuff is expensive but I won't use any other brand in my installs. It is bulletproof and operates perfectly. Did I mention that it is also powered so you're sending amplified signals? You also need diplexers to separate the satellite and off-air signals at each location. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks