What's new

Need help choosing 3 room receiver (1 Viewer)

carrwash13

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Hi, I am building a new house and they have pre-wired 3 speakers for sound. Next step is buying a receeiver but I am quite the newb and seem to be getting different answers depending on where I go.

Setup w/ Amp in the living room:
Living Room = 4 in wall speakers
Garage = 2 in wall speakers
Outdoor = 2 regular speakers

Really only need two different sources. I.E. If I am in the living room I am fine with the same source playing outside. However, I would like the option to play a different source in the garage.

Is there a particular receiver you would recommend for this? I will only be playing music over it at this time. Would like to stay in the $500-$600 range if possible.

Pioneer (VSX-1123-K) had one at best buy that said it would work for up to 3 rooms.

Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Any 2 zone AVR will do what you ask.

More important...what are the sources?

AM/FM?
Spotify/Mog/Aupeo?
CD?
Directv "radio"?
Ipod/Iphone/Droid?

carrwash13

Auditioning
Real Name
David
Main source will be Ipod / Ipad. Any recommendations on a good 2 zone reciever? I said $500 but honestly I will not be blaring music so I am not too worried about getting the best sound possible. Just something that will do a decent job.

Also, how will it work? Will I just hook my 4 indoor living room speakers and 2 outdoor speakers up to zone 1 and then have zone 2 be my garage (since I want a seperate source to listen music while my wife is in the kitchen)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
You'll need a speaker switch($20) to have either room on or off.Most AVR in that price range, the zone 2 is analog. Meaning, it uses the red/white.And yes, "How will it work?".(as in you answered your own question)It is that obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks