What's new

Buccaneer Blu-ray looks about the same as the DVD (1 Viewer)

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I daresay there is a smidgen more detail in the Blu-ray captures in addition to getting rid of some of the combing. I have the Blu-ray, but I can certainly understand someone with the DVD not paying for such a minor upgrade to Blu.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I finally got around to watching this one this afternoon after its having sat on my shelf for a long time unopened. The film is pretty good fun, and I've always liked it from seeing it for the first time on Saturday Night at the Movies all those years ago. I may have also seen it in a theater in 1958, but I would have been young and probably not aware of some of the nuances of the storytelling if I did see it. I definitely remember its TV presentation.

Yes, being a VistaVision film, it should have been stunning on Blu-ray. It looks OK. I never owned the DVD, so I couldn't do the comparisons some of the others of you have done, so I'm glad to have it in my collection even if it doesn't look as amazing as it could have looked. I have to say I thought that at its best the color was very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks