What's new

Bruuuuuce! (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I've only listened to a few of the songs so far, but they are REALLY good. I think "Mary's place" is the favorite right now, sounds like it was taken straight out of "Born to run"... :)
Did you see the interview on ABC the other day where he shows his songbook where he writes his music? He had a song there that didn't make it on the album called "Harry's place" (IIRC) :) That would have been confusing...
/Mike

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I thought last nights performance of :the rising" really sucked. Don't get me wrong, I love live Bruce and have seen him perform many times, but they didn't seem natural on stage. What's with Clarence and Gary practically behind the stage? The sound was harsh and forward like an am radio::angry:
Hopefully tonight will be better:b

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
You guys have me wanting this album. I was so jazzed upon hearing that Bruce was back with the E Street Band. That's the way it should be.
So, when does The Rising come out on SACD? :frowning: Sony hasn't done a great job in my opinion lately with SACD, and not releasing The Rising is unfortunate. First, it's Bruce. Secondly, it Bruce with the E Street Band. Thirdly, it was well known before the album was released that some of the material on this album deals with 9/11. It seems to me like this could have been a big hit on SACD. Come on Sony!
Sorry for the rant. I now return you to your regular programming. :)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
So, when does The Rising come out on SACD?
I don't think there has ever been a "day-and-date" release of an SACD with the standard CD version.

Seeing as putting out an SACD involves mixing a stereo album for 5.1 sound and doing a separate master, I think that doing an SACD would have delayed the release, probably by a month or more.

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I don't think there has ever been a "day-and-date" release of an SACD with the standard CD version.
That's OK by me, as long as an EXCELLENT sacd version makes it's way out. How do they(the powers that be) decide what goes to sacd or not? Is it the record company, the artist, or a combo? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!:D
Now that I have beefed up my system and added sacd, there is a ton of material I want to hear(yes I know I am not the only one). Is there a way to get this message out?
Some of the earlier Bruce (Live, the innocent..,Darkness, River, Born to Run etc...)NEED to be on sacd IMHO.
Any ways, I am done ranting!

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
After many listens my favorite songs on this Album are Worlds Apart, Mary's Place, Into the Fire, and You're Missing. I love all the others also but those are my favs.

Mike Witko

Stunt Coordinator
Just got my tickets for the show on September 22nd in Denver. I can't wait for this show. I love the album. I think I am going to put in the NYC concert DVD tonight to get ready. I am so excited. The new album is awsome.

Greg_P

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

Congrats on getting the Bruce tickets. He always puts on a phenominal show and everyone should see him in concert at least once.

Along those same lines let me put out a shameless plug that if anyone has one extra ticket to see Bruce in Boston, drop me a line. I was shut out trying to get tickets this weekend. 3 phones and one internet connection weren't enough as tickets were gone within 20 min. of going on sale.

Thanks!
Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks