Brother Bear Widescreen-Only DVD at Movie Gallery?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Nevin, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Nevin

Nevin Agent

Has anyone seen this yet? They were selling it for $9.99. When I asked the salesperson, he said they were renting the full screen version and selling the widescreen version.

2. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

This would mean they're splitting the set. Both come in the same package. Not a bad deal to get it for $10, but you lose some supplements from the first disc. I'd especially miss the funny audio commentary.

BTW, this set doesn't include a fullscreen version - it's 1.66:1. Narrowly widescreen, and not OAR, but widescreen nonetheless...

3. john mcfadden

john mcfadden Stunt Coordinator

This shit company bought out a local chain in my area . Where the original store chain was a great alternative to Blockbuster especially every Wedensday was rent one at regular price every title after that was a dollar . Now all there is is an other Blockbuster clone ....Thats why i quit and joined Netflix. Especially when i was going to rent "Brother Bear " and noticed this stupidity. Movie Gallery SUCKS !

4. Brandon_S

Brandon_S Second Unit

The Movie Gallery in my area used to carry only full-screen movies for rent. Due to this, I complained one day when I was there to rent a movie. I would say about a month after my complaint, all the new releases started coming in were widescreen. All of this was in a small country town that just got its first McDonalds 2 years ago...so there is hope. Just let the manager know how you feel.