What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Broken Saints (1 Viewer)

Denny_S

Stunt Coordinator
Would anyone know what are the differences, in content, between the previously released DVD and the new upcoming release from Fox (out on Aug. 1st.)
I already bought the current release at Future Shop (on sale for 15.99 CAD), but now I'm wondering if this newer release is just a repackage or has the set been updated in any way.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
From an E-Mail from their list back in May:

So, I'd say that the new DVD version will be different.

Jason

Chad E

Stunt Coordinator
I was actually wondering the same thing.

Denny, you mentioned that you already had the Future Shop exclusive set, so you are probably familiar with all of this, but if anyone else is curious, here are the features on the Future Shop set:

Disc 1

- Commentary on Chapter 1
- Production Featurette
- Prophecy Trailer
- The Corporation
- Da Vinci Code Decoded
- Voice-Over and Audio Featurette
- Classic Trailer
- Flash Forward Trailer
- BS Benefits Concerts Collection
- Features Trailer
- BS Game Trailer

Disc 2

- Biocom website
- Walker Lecture
- Buzz:
--- Canada Now
--- CBC Vancouver
--- Zed TV
--- My City Radio
--- Press Slideshow

Disc 3

- Commentary on Chapter 18 Act III
- BS Tarot Tree
- Fan:
--- "Insertion" Revisited
--- Broken Legos
--- Cryptic: A Live Action Chapter 2
--- Sponge Saints
--- Flash Fan Film
--- DTTC: A BS Parody
--- Fan Art Slideshow
--- 3D Fan Film

Disc 4

- Commentary on Chapter 24 Epilogue
- BS Documentary
- Sundance Featurette
- BTS (Behind The Scenes)
--- 3d face test
--- splitscreen intro
--- process slideshow
--- oldschool slideshow
--- live from berlin
--- shadowmen theme
--- classic intro
--- visions of funk
--- chapter1 classic
--- learspecsilo (Easter Egg)
--- illscopears (Easter Egg)
--- hotcarl (Easter Egg)
--- 9.11 (Easter Egg)

Note that this doesn't include any DVD-ROM content, or any Easter Eggs that I didn't find.

You can see DVD Empire's specs for the new release here.

So, it appears that the biggest difference is that the new version will have commentary on all the chapters... pretty much all the other features seem to be included on the Future Shop exclusive set... even the ones marked "exclusive" on the Fox version... unless I am reading the listing wrong?

I was wondering about the AR. The FS exclusive set has an AR of 1.66:1. For the Fox set, I have seen different sites list it as 1.78:1, 1.66:1, and 1.33:1. The back cover shot from DVD Empire seems to confirm the 1.66:1 ratio, although it is hard to make out at that resolution.

One of the main questions I have, though: the FS exclusive set mentions "Stunning artwork and effects upgrades for half of the groundbreaking 12-hour series!!!" (Yeah, it really uses three exclamation marks :) ) Is the Fox version the same, or does it complete the upgrades for the entire series? Or is the entire series un-upgraded?

The "narrated" audio track is on the FS version too, but it looks like the Fox set has a remix.

Hope this helps!

Denny_S

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I can tell, it appears that the new Fox version does have newer chapter art and also a 'play all' button for the chapters. Both sets however, appears to have the same AR (not sure if it is 1:66 or 1:85....looks more like 1:78 to me...) and both are still non-anamorphic. I was hoping that at least the Fox version would be anamorphic.
The 5.1 mix seems to be the same and I would assume that the other extra features and easter eggs are all the same as well.

Thanks for all your replies.

- On a side note, the Fox packaging is absolutely gorgeous !! -

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks