Broadcasting from a DirecTiVo unit

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Vin, Jun 12, 2003.

1. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Is anyone using a modulator like the Avcast to broadcast recorded programs from a DTiVo to other TVs? Can this be done with a DirecTiVo unit?

I'm considering this because I often record (VHS) TV shows in one room and then watch them in another room. I'd like to maintain this flexibility with TiVo-ed recordings so I'm considering setting up an A/V network with an Avcast system or something like it.

Anyone using one of these and would you recommend it?

Thanks,
    Vin

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert

3. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Thanks Robert, I guess from the lack of response to my question, not a lot of people are doing this.

I've had the coax out from one of my DirecTV receivers feeding my kitchen TV for some time now, a very simple hook up, works great. The reason for my question is that after reading the info available (at the Avcast site) on A/V networking and based on the fact that I have 3 other satellite receivers (for a total of 4) it started to look like that this type of configuration may get a little hairy. To furthur complicate things, I have two of the feeds from my dish coming in to one part of my house and the other two coming in somewhere else.

I've since gotten a lot more information from the TivoCommunity website and am still contemplating doing this or something like it.

Vin