What's new

Broadcasting from a DirecTiVo unit (1 Viewer)

Vin

Supporting Actor
Is anyone using a modulator like the Avcast to broadcast recorded programs from a DTiVo to other TVs? Can this be done with a DirecTiVo unit?

I'm considering this because I often record (VHS) TV shows in one room and then watch them in another room. I'd like to maintain this flexibility with TiVo-ed recordings so I'm considering setting up an A/V network with an Avcast system or something like it.

Anyone using one of these and would you recommend it?

Thanks,
Vin

Vin

Supporting Actor
Thanks Robert, I guess from the lack of response to my question, not a lot of people are doing this.

I've had the coax out from one of my DirecTV receivers feeding my kitchen TV for some time now, a very simple hook up, works great. The reason for my question is that after reading the info available (at the Avcast site) on A/V networking and based on the fact that I have 3 other satellite receivers (for a total of 4) it started to look like that this type of configuration may get a little hairy. To furthur complicate things, I have two of the feeds from my dish coming in to one part of my house and the other two coming in somewhere else.

I've since gotten a lot more information from the TivoCommunity website and am still contemplating doing this or something like it.

Vin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks