What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

breaking news: Direct tv to lose trio network on December 31, 2003 (1 Viewer)

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
www.triotv.com says that direct tv is going to take the trio channel off satalite channel. there is a link to e-mail to say that you want to keep the channel on direct tv.

thanks
JACOB

RafaelB

Second Unit
I sent my letter. Even though I don't watch on a set schedule, I do enjoy what TRIO has to offer (loved those Lost Pilots). ;)

Rafael.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
No! I'll send an e-mail to support it. It's become one of my favorite channels, what with the pilots, and the outlaw comics month, and the Quentin Tarantino presents week, and Easy Riders, Raging Bulls...lots of fun stuff gets aired on that station.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
its the contract that has ended between trio and direct tv.

JACOB

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Dang it! I love TRIO! Not just any channel would run Battle of the Network Stars and Pink Lady episodes. Not to mention their great concert films. Dang it, dang it, DANG IT!!!

Jodee

Screenwriter
I sent my letter and forwarded the link to my husband to send one in.

The ridiculous thing is what finally caused me to switch to DirecTv in March was that I couldn't get TRIO on digital cable and I was desperate to watch "Easy Riders, Raging Bulls" after seeing it reviewed on Ebert & Roeper. I have been a very happy DirecTV customer ever since. It is totally unthinkable they want to get rid of this channel. I loved the marathon they aired a few months back of unaired pilot TV shows.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
GOOD NEWS: Trio will stay on direct tv!

I got an e-mail from trio network saying that trio will be stay on direct tv.

JACOB

Jodee

Screenwriter
Yay! We've been watching a lot of Trio the past few days. What other network shows Battle of the Network Stars from the 1970's and the Miss America Pageant 1983?

I may be a nostalgia/pop-culture junkie, but I find watching these old programs fascinating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks