What's new

Brazil Criterion Collection or Godfather Trilogy (1 Viewer)

Jeff Lebowski

Auditioning
So anyway, im gonna have an extra 60 bucks or so in october and i was wondering which i should get. brazil or godfather trilogy. tough choice

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
$60, huh? Godfather is supposed to go for no less than $75, per Paramount's "MAP" (Minimum Advertised Price).
On the other hand, I just picked up Brazil for $44.99 at Best Buy.
Having said that, if I was limited to one or the other I'd go for The Godfather. Keep in mind I haven't seen either one...yet. But I'll see both...soon! :)
Good luck with your decision! I understand how tough it is.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

Casey Neutron

Stunt Coordinator
Both are very cool, but I'd probably go with the Godfather set since you'll be getting three films plus extras instead of the one film (Brazil) with extras. But, you know, that's just like my opinion, man.

Patrick Larkin

Screenwriter
Maybe you should rent them first. Why would you buy a film you might not like?
BRAZIL set was the first DVD I ever bought. but that was because I loved the film always and the set was just so cool (and I had just finished reading "The Battle of Brazil").
The Godfather II is one of the greatest films of all time, IMHO. Brazil is right up there. Personally, I must have both sets.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Definetely Godfather Trilogy.
You get 3 movies instead of only 1.
All 3 Godfathers are anamorphic, whereas Brazil isn't.
The trilogy also has a decent amount of extras.
Most importantly, Godfather I & II are better films than Brazil IMHO.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I would go with Brazil just because it is SUCH a cool set and is one of my top 10 favorites... BUT if you haven't seen the movie, I highly suggest you rent before you buy.
------------------
Robert Lutter

My DVD Collection
Link Removed Software Reviewer (Coming Soon!)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I would watch both before you bought them. However, I will recommend Brazil because I personally can watch the film in most of my moods, whereas I have to be in a certain mood to sit down and watch the Godfather films.
------------------
Joe Dahlen
"Take hold of the flame, you've got nothing to lose, but everything to gain."

Jeff Lebowski

Auditioning
Well duh, obviously i've seen em, but thanks for the advice. i think i will probably go for the godfather trilogy and here in canada it is roughly 60 dollars american. i havent seen the godfathers in a while but since i liked them when i liked cheapo horror movies and crap, i think ill still like them now that i like character driven dramas like Heat, Goodfellas, and And PT Anderson Film.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
If you've already seen BRAZIL and enjoyed it, you need both sets, and the Criterion BRAZIL will probably disappear sooner than the GODFATHER box. Still, I'd suggest just getting the one you feel you'll get the most enjoyment out of. I have the BRAZIL set already and will definitely get the GODFATHER one eventually - both have a boatload of extras and I can't see DVD fans regretting either purchase.

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jeff Lebowski..is that your real name? And how long has Atlanta GA, USA been "here in Canada"?
biggrin.gif

------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks